Singapore Expats Forum

Help!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

meche_colomar

Help!

Postby meche_colomar » Fri, 06 Feb 2009 3:10 pm

Okay, so I've been caught by the government for underaged smoking quite some time ago (I'm legal now!). I didn't pay the fine (thirty bucks) and now after 3 months, I'm scheduled to appear in court. What does that mean? Am I going to jail? If I'm not, then will the fine be increased and by how much?

And how does the court proceedings go? Will my parents have to attend or can I fly solo? I'm really unsure about this. So if there's anyone that can help me, it'll be great. Thanks!

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Sat, 07 Feb 2009 6:21 pm

Cane time - Three across the back to teach you some respect is very possible outcome as you dissed the court and the crime though minor was a crime under the courts pervue. Get a lawyer.

BTW if ur a girl you'll be OK.
Be Like Water

jon0lim

Postby jon0lim » Mon, 09 Feb 2009 10:31 pm

@Bafana: Cmon, its not going to be that serious for underaged smoking

Anyway, regarding this matter, you'll most probably still get fined, albeit a much bigger one.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:02 am

It's not the underaged smoking that's going to get him the cane, it's the failure to pay the piper after doing the crime. Therefore doubling his liability to the law. Might even be some jail time in it for him as well.