Singapore Expats Forum

I just like gatherings and friends,everyone is invited.

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Mar 2009 1:03 pm

Tsubamey,

Couple of things. First of all you shouldn't put your email on the forum. It's asking for weirdos, pervs and other assorted undesirables to contact you (apparently that has already been happening) not even counting the spambots prowling the forums farming email addresses.

Secondly, you only need five posts to activate the send function of your PM facility. Again, this has been put in place as spammer protection.

And finally, organizing a meeting like you have done is a good idea. However, beware of those who want to chat you up outside of the planned event e.g., when you are alone. Case in point, like the post below. May well be a decent person, but with a scheduled event already in the works, I would have to be suspicious nonetheless. No reason why one person should think it was better to meet up alone before the event that I can see. Unless that person is very shallow and want to "see" the other party first in order to make up their mind whether to go or not. :-|

Just be careful.

nanhsirk wrote:Hi tsubamey,

It would be better if we can jus meet up for a coffee tomorrow.. (b4 snorkelling)
Starbucks? suntec? let me know....

Cheers!!!

dutchexpat28

Postby dutchexpat28 » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:06 am

Did this ever take place? How was it? Would maybe like to join a next time. Please let me know.

Grts,
Menno

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vjsimon » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 5:59 pm

Welcome to Singapore.

I would like to be your friend. :)

navneet

Postby navneet » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 9:51 pm

hey,, if u guys are planning an eve for drinks or something.. count me in... am reachable on navneetm@gmail.com
cheers

Torah

Badminton

Postby Torah » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:53 pm

Hi There,

I am interested in badminton.Anyone keen to join me?

Thanks & Regards,
Torah

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vjsimon » Mon, 23 Mar 2009 5:02 pm

Do count me in for the gatherings. I can be reached at vj4582@gmail.com. Cheers. :)