Singapore Expats Forum

Where is the live music for dancing?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Where is the live music for dancing?

Postby Forks » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 11:32 pm

Ok so like i got a date (wonder never cease) but she wants to go out and boogie to a live band, which is fine with me but where is the best place to go in Singapore, i hear that Belini Grande is good and then a host of places which have live bands but i want someplace which is going to jump.

Can anyone recomend?
Poking, poking everywhere...

postmodernista

Postby postmodernista » Wed, 04 Feb 2009 10:05 am

Depends on what kind of music she likes I guess? My personal fave is Azzucar, they have a great band, lots of energy. But it's a latin music club so it's kinda niche.

There's also Yello Jello, but the live band is not that great. They still get a crowd. Also, the niche is that it's a retrobar.

There's also Crazy Elephants, the blues band there has a great following, but I'm not sure whether the music is danceable.

I'm not sure if Pump Room has their live band anymore, but you could try finding out.

Good luck!
Last edited by postmodernista on Wed, 04 Feb 2009 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I heart bunnies!

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Wed, 04 Feb 2009 10:08 am

Thankyou will check em out. :D
Poking, poking everywhere...

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Wed, 04 Feb 2009 10:14 am

Pump Room at Clarke Quay! :-) They are the best of the lot. Legendary and absolutely rocking. You will not stop shaking your booty!

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cinder » Wed, 04 Feb 2009 7:56 pm

Insomnia, Chijmes is awesome.
Also Brix at the basement of Hyatt, Orchard.

chelsea0816
Regular
Regular

Postby chelsea0816 » Thu, 05 Feb 2009 2:03 am

movida at St james plays live salsa on intervals, e last i went think time's b4 12am then followed by salsa-like music (not-live)... pretty cool place with nice ambience... Have fun with ur date ;)