Singapore Expats Forum

Perfer Garter Belt With Stocking Or Pantyhose?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Feb 2009 6:56 am

feline.eyes wrote:
And like what you said, they do nothing for some males but I guess that view will only matter to women who only dress with the intention to please men.


I'd hate to think they were dressing like that to please women. And furthermore, don't they realise with all the pushing, shoving and squeezing together with those molehill maximizer thingies it will, over time just cause the skin to be stretched so that when the do take the armour shields off eventually you will be left with a couple of deflated loose fried eggs long before your time, instead of warm frisky puppies with brown noses! :P

User avatar
feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Postby feline.eyes » Thu, 05 Feb 2009 8:48 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
I'd hate to think they were dressing like that to please women. And furthermore, don't they realise with all the pushing, shoving and squeezing together with those molehill maximizer thingies it will, over time just cause the skin to be stretched so that when the do take the armour shields off eventually you will be left with a couple of deflated loose fried eggs long before your time, instead of warm frisky puppies with brown noses! :P


What if it isn't about pleasing anyone? What if it wasn't even part of the equation? What if it was for themselves? What if it was about having clean lines and not showing their nipples because random men/women like to stare? I don't know, but I think things aren't just that simple as in pleasing or not, men or women...

And looking at it from another point of view, how many men have absolutely no issues with other men staring at their partners' nipples...

And again looking at it from another point of view, women from western cultures are just as concern about underwear lines showing through clothing so they stick to seamless underwear, g-string and t-shirt bras... I don't remember seeing nipples all that often. It happens but not all that often.

And oh, from a personal experience from living overseas, pyjamas worn by women from western culture really are quite similar too. I see night shirts, t-shirts and shorts, pyjamas pants and shirt ensemble... not all that different from the rest of the world really...

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Feb 2009 9:00 am

Guess you just haven't been around a long as I have or in as many bedrooms as I have. :o :cool: Funny thing is, the first complaint all western women here have upon arrival is the lack of "unarmoured" unpadded bras. Soooo...... maybe you don't know as much as you think regarding "western" women and their thoughts. :wink: As far as what you have seen, well, how many years (days?) have you spent in western cities during the summer months? I have to laugh, when I go to East Coast Park, at the number of women who buy bathing suits with built in panty liners and still wear panties under them with bits hanging out here and there. But nevermind, after all, with the 3rd lowest fertility rate in the world, I think I see a possible reason way local men might be turned off and end up with ED....... :lol:

Oh, I don't have a problem with other men staring at my woman. Let 'em drool. It's a big boost for my ego knowing I got someone others desire. Think about it for a moment....... of course I'm secure in my own masculinity so that helps. \:D/

Anyway, as I've already gotten a rise to my bait, enough agitation from me this morning on this subject! :mrgreen:

User avatar
feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Postby feline.eyes » Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:26 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Guess you just haven't been around a long as I have or in as many bedrooms as I have. :o :cool: Funny thing is, the first complaint all western women here have upon arrival is the lack of "unarmoured" unpadded bras. Soooo...... maybe you don't know as much as you think regarding "western" women and their thoughts. :wink: As far as what you have seen, well, how many years (days?) have you spent in western cities during the summer months? I have to laugh, when I go to East Coast Park, at the number of women who buy bathing suits with built in panty liners and still wear panties under them with bits hanging out here and there. But nevermind, after all, with the 3rd lowest fertility rate in the world, I think I see a possible reason way local men might be turned off and end up with ED....... :lol:

Oh, I don't have a problem with other men staring at my woman. Let 'em drool. It's a big boost for my ego knowing I got someone others desire. Think about it for a moment....... of course I'm secure in my own masculinity so that helps. \:D/

Anyway, as I've already gotten a rise to my bait, enough agitation from me this morning on this subject! :mrgreen:


You are quite right that you have been in many more bedrooms with the purpose of having sexual intercourse. You probably have done that in quite a few countries too considering your age. Maybe the women all dressed up for you I don't know... I can only judge according to my experience of hanging out with women drinking tea and conversing in dress shirts, flannel pyjamas, t shirts and shorts... I am pretty sure they weren't trying to bed me.

As for underwear choices, I see plenty of non t-shirt bras around here actually... the only issue I can think of is size. Caucasians are usually more well endowed. The cup sizes here rarely go beyond D. As for the styles and designs preferred, who knows? They could be really lacy and sheer for all I know but I really didn't see that much nips around. Do I see them? Yes. Do I see more of them than in Singapore? Absolutely. Is it so common that I see at least 3 pairs out of 10? No. Maybe 1 in 20... (I spent about 10 years here and there...)

As for baiting people, hmmm... I ponder... I think it is one thing to be defensive so you can protect your ideas but your behaviour would extent towards the offensive. You bring in elements unrelated, to show others in a bad light... Is that the only way you can strengthen your own argument? That tactic seems pretty preschool. And I wonder how masculine a person is if they have to make blanket statements like yours targeting a specific group of people versus yourself just to show your masculinity. What kind of response do you want? "What a larrikin!" *back slapping among men*

Anyway the main reason for my original posting was to point out that men and women are pretty similar the world over, with minor adjustments on the sliding ruler. And of course, humans aren't only concern with attracting each others with their nipples or underwear choices... I think there are many more factors that we all consider before making our choices, even in matters of underwear.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Perfer Garter Belt With Stocking Or Pantyhose?

Postby ksl » Fri, 06 Feb 2009 11:19 pm

lingeriejetaime1 wrote:Hi everybody, just for my research purpose I would like comments whether ladies out there will prefer pantyhose or garters with stocking and what about C String it seem not common in Singapore.


From my point of view being male, and i have given it quite a lot of thought, I would say they all serve a purpose and therefore choice may well be age related more than anything else, along with the persons wants and needs.

It's kind of like a game of hide & seek and the forbidden fruit for some, and plain old simple up bringing for others, not everyone is fashion crazy and may not be interested in feeling sexy, they would rather feel defensive and secure. it also has it's own appeal kicks, to be old fashioned and unique in a mad commercial world.

Personally i feel women first of all think of comfort in daily routine life, and maybe seductive/romantic when they want to be, no fast rules for many. But the more simple one lives, the more simple one becomes, that crashes many thoughts on Asian women, for western men that do not tune in with cultures.

Although the desires to be extreme in one's tastes of underwear, need not be held back as taboo, it should be enjoyed and not over done to express ones taste, in accordance with the occassion. Underwear is a niche market!

Otherwise predictability is soon a problem, and that can be very boring and a turn off, even for the person wearing the gear! Staying motivated and on top of life is a very real challenge for most people when their bio rythems are playing up. :wink:

I find all underwear quite charming even the grandma knickers have a place in my heart on a chilly day, it's what is wrapped up in the package i find exciting and size is totally not a problem, although i have a preference of small is nice and athletic looking :wink:

User avatar
feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Re: Perfer Garter Belt With Stocking Or Pantyhose?

Postby feline.eyes » Sat, 07 Feb 2009 4:00 am

ksl wrote:Personally i feel women first of all think of comfort in daily routine life, and maybe seductive/romantic when they want to be, no fast rules for many.


Word.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 Feb 2009 7:23 am

feline.with.closed.eyes,

Thank you. You swallowed the bait hook, line & sinker as I though you might. And you are right, people are the same the world over "with minor adjustments on the sliding scales". :mrgreen: The difference between idiocy & genius is also said to sometimes be a fine line.

So in the general scheme of things, yes, bad dress sense is a very minor point and I don't think world piece (deliberate spelling) depends all that much on it. And while your launch into a personal attack against me is sad, I'm used to being here where this kind of thing is almost always used when someone is backed into an uncomfortable or untenable position. I just consider the source........ :wink:

Oh, I think you will find that the average western woman's size is only a 'C' at best and according to Triumph, the average Asian size has increased in the past 15 years from a "A" to a "B" but considering the average height of the two women, the total package size is much the same proportionately.

What I was on about is the inconsistent or lack or dress sense as opposed to who they are trying to impress. Hopefully you wouldn't be impressed. But again, if that's your personal preference, it's none of my business. What I was only pointing to was the inconsistency in the WAY they dress. Totally "look at what I've got" south of the border and please avert you eyes north of the border. Sadly, you totally missed the thrust of the discussion. :roll:

User avatar
feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2007
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Postby feline.eyes » Sat, 07 Feb 2009 4:48 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:feline.with.closed.eyes,

Thank you. You swallowed the bait hook, line & sinker as I though you might. And you are right, people are the same the world over "with minor adjustments on the sliding scales". :mrgreen: The difference between idiocy & genius is also said to sometimes be a fine line.

So in the general scheme of things, yes, bad dress sense is a very minor point and I don't think world piece (deliberate spelling) depends all that much on it. And while your launch into a personal attack against me is sad, I'm used to being here where this kind of thing is almost always used when someone is backed into an uncomfortable or untenable position. I just consider the source........ :wink:

Oh, I think you will find that the average western woman's size is only a 'C' at best and according to Triumph, the average Asian size has increased in the past 15 years from a "A" to a "B" but considering the average height of the two women, the total package size is much the same proportionately.

What I was on about is the inconsistent or lack or dress sense as opposed to who they are trying to impress. Hopefully you wouldn't be impressed. But again, if that's your personal preference, it's none of my business. What I was only pointing to was the inconsistency in the WAY they dress. Totally "look at what I've got" south of the border and please avert you eyes north of the border. Sadly, you totally missed the thrust of the discussion. :roll:


Hahaha...

I think your postings speak for themselves and anyone can garner enough information from them to garner a pretty even view about this.

And yes, anyone can see that you were just baiting me so stop going on about "oh, you are so dense that you couldn't see that, I, the almighty god was doing it and, you, the peon couldn't see it"... There is no need to keep harping on it. You were completely right that you were just being aggravating and offensive just because you want to.

If you were so affronted by my postings and thought them as personal attacks, you should reread them and think it over. If you still think so, then maybe you can continue adding cliché offensive overviews to your brain data bank so you whip them out and use them to make blanket statements about a whole sub group of people whenever your "holier than thou" views are questioned. Fantastic mode of conduct! Number one way of making arguments work when backed into a corner. Regardless of the fact that is wasn't on topic.

We are obviously on different pages with zero possibility of meeting, no point posting really.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Then why did you? :-k


edit: that was a major boo boo. My bad in not being 100% clear in my posting: "no point posting any more than this really".
Last edited by feline.eyes on Sat, 07 Feb 2009 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 Feb 2009 7:14 pm

Then why did you? :-k


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests