Singapore Expats Forum

Female looking for gym buddies

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Aspie

Female looking for gym buddies

Postby Aspie » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 12:02 am

Hi, I'm 23 f Eurasian looking to go to do weight training on a regular basis to increase strength and core stability to support my dancing. I'm hoping to hit the gym with a buddy or two, preferably experienced, to spot for each other. A gym anywhere around central Singapore would be good. Is anyone keen on joining me? I live between Farrer Park and Lavender.

kaisa4282

Postby kaisa4282 » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 2:04 pm

I am 26/F and a regular at California Fitness at their Raffles Place Club. I am usually at Body Pump 3-4x/week, occassionally Spin Class...thinking about trying Body Combat. I recently had a personal trainer for a shoulder injury so I also make sure to do strength training exercises for that - would love to focus more on my core though, thats my trouble spot!

Let me know if you join CF - A female workout buddy would be nice, and a motivator as well!

Aspie

Postby Aspie » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 2:23 pm

Awesome. Which gym do you suggest? I don't want to commit to a membership-type of gym quite yet until I'm sure of how long I'll be staying in Singapore.

kaisa4282

Postby kaisa4282 » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 2:37 pm

Well, I cant say anything about the other gyms - my boyfriend was the one who did the shopping, and we got a decent price because we committed to a 2 year membership. I think that True Fitness and California Fitness are pretty similar as far as what they offer for classes.

I noticed actually that CF at Raffles has probably the worst class offerings compared to their Orchard and Bugis branches if thats something you are into. For example, they offer more variety and frequency of classes, particularly in the morning.

If you arent into classes, you can probably find something you want for a much cheaper price. These gyms seem to really only offer good deal to long term memberships, and not short term. Although I think CF has a new form you can d/l for a free week trial membership, I assume a lot of places would have something similar. Its worth looking into at least! If you are serious about the gym, you deserve to be at one that best suits you.

BodyBlitz
Chatter
Chatter

Postby BodyBlitz » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 8:04 pm

Where about in farrer park and lavender exactly?
Are you near to boon keng?

Because you can head over to Toa Payoh Clubfitt which is 2.50 per entry.
Central area are mainly globogyms-CF/TF/FF which are membership only.

If you're available on weekends and interested, you can join me and a bunch of fitness enthusiast at Toa payoh stadium to train in a circuit style. We bring our own equipments and its free.

Heres a preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPRqzsaLv5Q
Last edited by BodyBlitz on Tue, 03 Feb 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://bodyblitz.sg - A new era of fitness.

Aspie

Postby Aspie » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 8:08 pm

Thanks, I'll definitely check Toa Payoh Clubfitt out. I might head there on Thursday or Friday after work - are you guys joining me?

BodyBlitz
Chatter
Chatter

Postby BodyBlitz » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 8:11 pm

I would recommend signing a term membership with Safra E1 on a monthly basis.

http://www3.safra.sg/page.aspx?pageid=99

I think its 70 bucks a month but well worth the money.
Its better equiped and has a bigger space with lesser crowd.

Clubfitt is cheap but gets crowded in the evenings and peak hours.
waiting for equipment can be a drag sometimes.

Aspie

Postby Aspie » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 8:19 pm

Is that in Toa Payoh too? I have no idea where it is.

I like to do rotations (so I don't hog machines or weights and others don't have problems with sharing their machine for a quick set). But if Clubfitt is overly crowded I would definitely take your suggestion to go to this Safra E1.

BodyBlitz
Chatter
Chatter

Postby BodyBlitz » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 8:36 pm

PM if you have any more enquires, i'd be more than happy to help.

Sharonky

Re: Female looking for gym buddies

Postby Sharonky » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:29 pm

Aspie wrote:Hi, I'm 23 f Eurasian looking to go to do weight training on a regular basis to increase strength and core stability to support my dancing. I'm hoping to hit the gym with a buddy or two, preferably experienced, to spot for each other. A gym anywhere around central Singapore would be good. Is anyone keen on joining me? I live between Farrer Park and Lavender.

Hi, I'm 24/f/chinese. I go to fitness california in Orchard, almost 3times a week. I think there is special packages which enable you to sign up for months, u do not have to commit for a year or so. Let me know if you are interested, maybe I can help you check out with the gym.

Have a nice day!

Anyway, did you just moved here? For work?

Cheers!