Singapore Expats Forum

Which Bus / Ferry To Tioman During Monsoon?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

AngryAngMo
Regular
Regular

Which Bus / Ferry To Tioman During Monsoon?

Postby AngryAngMo » Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:47 am

Hello,

I have planned to go to Tioman on the weekend of the 13th - 15th February, I already checked with the resort and they are open, now I am stuck finding a Coach that brings us to Mersing and a Ferry over to Tioman.

The last time I went with Blue Water Express, but I haven't found their schedule yet, and I assume its limited because of the Monsoon season.

Same goes for the coaches (usually leaving from Golden Mile Complex). Does anybody have a good tip for me?

Cheers

Seletar-67

Postby Seletar-67 » Mon, 02 Feb 2009 10:10 pm

We have always used the following travel agency...

Discovery Tours & Travel Pte Ltd. 14 Scotts Rd #02-91 Singapore 228213. Tel/Hp : 67334333.

AngryAngMo
Regular
Regular

Postby AngryAngMo » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 9:29 am

yes, but i called them up and they dont provide bus service until end of february...
Same goes for 5 Star Buses etc... namely all "big" operators, and thats exactly my problem, I will probably end up using a cab in the end :(

zjules
Regular
Regular

Postby zjules » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 3:11 pm

They dont go there right now for a reason... the few things that are nice about tioman are not so nice about now...

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Girl_Next_Door » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 5:37 pm

Did you check malaysia bus operators? You might need to get a bus/cab to Johor and change to it, but it might still works, and will still be cheaper than taking a cab from SG all the way to Mersling.