Singapore Expats Forum

EPEC vs LTSVP (Since EPEC has been rejected...)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
joy.wei

EPEC vs LTSVP (Since EPEC has been rejected...)

Postby joy.wei » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 1:57 pm

I have a problem now for moving to Singapore. With following information I hope you guys can give some suggestions and ideas to me, thanks!!!

Condition:
2009 Jan. I applied EPEC online, they only asked me upload my passport front page and education certificate, nothing else, then I got rejection letter in 2 days, which made me disappointed indeed.

Personal Info.
I am 27yrs, graduated from London Brunel in management Master degree, till now almost 5 years working experiences in media and Marketing field with global company.

Questions:
1. I wonder since I got this rejection now, can I apply the second time?

2. Are there any other better ways to help me to go to Singapore?

3. We also consider about LTSVP option, is that possible? my bf is PR holder in singapore. I am not attend to be a PR or something so fast, for me , just wanna be able to stay in singapore have a job will be the first priority.

4. IF LTSVP can be the option, can I apply as spouse(common-law)? The issue is he is swedish and I am from Shanghai.

So anybody pls can help me to answer those questions? I will be appreciated enough!
Last edited by joy.wei on Sun, 01 Feb 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 4:30 pm

The EPEC could have been rejected for numerous reasons. It may not recognize the degree, first of all. It may discount your experience depending on where you got the experience. Experience with a company in England will not be regarded in a different light lif your are PRC working in England or PRC working in Shanghai. I don't think I have to explain that one. Your Masters you did not indicate if it was a London Based Degree or a long-distance degree. If it's as long distance degree it doubtful whether it would be recognized by MOM.

However, should you be offered a position that pays over 7K/mo here, then you would be eligible for a P1 Pass which is not qualification dependent. Getting a LTSVP might be difficult under the circumstances due to the fact that your bf is European (that's not the problem), it's where you are from that might be the sticking point - especially as you are not legally married. I'm afraid I cannot even hazard a guess on that one.

sms

joy.wei

thanks sms, more details to ask.

Postby joy.wei » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 5:42 pm

Hey SMS

First of all, thank you so much for the reply. I do appreciate!

I fully understand what you mean, that's why i am feeling so upset, coz i am totally stuck in the middle.

The thing is my master degree is full-time course, which is recognized by MOM education list. MOM online application even didn't ask me any details of my working experiences or any other regarding reference.

Anyway i got rejection, that's the fact already, nothing i can do. What i do care about now is can give the EPEC second try? also for LTSVP, is that the huge problem for me to apply LTSVP since i'm from China, even my bf can be the local sponsor?

Thanks! this issue lately has been driving me crazy....pretty much headache. Just try to ask for more options whether there are better paths...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 8:44 pm

What may work is Landed PR. It would cost you some money (around 1500-2500 SGD) thru someone like SMC (you can find the link in my links page). If you are successful, then you can come to Singapore and look for a job if you get an IPA (in principle approval). As soon as you are offered a job you are automatically given and EP while the PR is being processed (around a 2-3 month process). Once you have that, no problem. If your degree IS acceptable to MOM, then the LPR should be reasonably easy (you don't even need to have a minimum salary requirement if you come in on an LPR. (I just hired one in December from China as a clerk).

The common-law spouse is doubtful unless you can actually prove that that relationship existed as opposed to you and your bf just dating spending time together while still maintaining separate homes.

sms

joy.wei

Postby joy.wei » Mon, 02 Feb 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks a lot again. It just seems thingsare getting really hard, and I know there are still many people under the same situation as mine. I wish there will be a solution finally come up to solve all the problem.

I guess somehow i have to keep my possitive attitude then believe things gonna work out.

One more issue, if I just go to singapore with tourism visa, as I know normally can just stay there max.30days.but i can extend it up to 90 days right? just an idea....

Joy

planetblue

Postby planetblue » Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:50 am

Hi sundaymorningstaple, just wondering whether the clerk with the LPR that you hired in Dec has got his PR already as it is March alreday??
Is it convenient to reveal roughly what is his salary range?? Is it below $1200???
I’m currently in a similar situation with the clerk that you hired and want to know the chances of getting my PR.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:51 pm

She got her PR last week (actually about 10 days ago). I was paying her 1200/mo as a clerk. See my other response in the other thread.

blommekind

Postby blommekind » Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:09 pm

Joy.wei please keep us updated on what you deciced to do about your visa problem.... :?
I am in almost a similiar situation, and are also thinking of going over to Singapore on a tourist visa and look for a job.
But I am not sure???

joy.wei

Postby joy.wei » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 9:42 pm

Hi, similar situation, 2 weeks ago I am married to my husband, so I am applying the PR since he is already singapore PR. meanwhile I am also appying the 'Long tern stay pass" takes about 4 weeks to get with local sponsor support. Also at the same time, I have to apply for the entry visa = tourist visa.

For you situation, you can come to SIngapore with tourist visa, before you get the job, simply you have to leave singapore every 30 days. you can also do the visa extension up to another 30 days or 90 days( only for if you have local relatives sponsors), and the extension only allow to apply once.

Overall, to get a proper job is the best way....company will get you EP pass, then you dont have to worry about anything.

Rules are rule, laws are laws... here pretty strict for all immigrate issue, I was also very much headache for all these issue.

But what I wanna say is people who are being similar situation you have to be strong mentally.... then you will finally go through things, just the matter of time.

cathgotmail

Postby cathgotmail » Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:49 pm

this is useful info. thanks! =)