Singapore Expats

First PR app rejected, second app successful, anyone?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tanuwei

Post by tanuwei » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:45 am

Hi,
if rejected must wait for 6 month then can re-submit the application form?But in a letter they never mentioned about this,just indicate that you can apply again in 2 years time.
mine one just rejected.just thinking to put in an appeal.Appeal or re-submit the form have high chance?Any suggestion?

xtasy010
Regular
Regular

Post by xtasy010 » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 2:45 pm

Sorry to hear that your application got rejected. You have any idea why it could have been rejected? How long have you been in singapore? Which pass are you on?

mayali

Post by mayali » Sat, 06 Jun 2009 10:33 pm

Hi,

My husband and I applied for our PR in Sept last year and despite constantly contacting the concerned authorities all we get is a letter stating the matter is still in process. My husband is a P1 with a masters degree and I hold a B.A degree.

Has anyone been thru the same or similar situations? or can anyone guide us on what we should do to find out whats going on? All this waiting in the dark is really quite stressing as a lot of planning is based on the outcome..whatever it may be!

Thanks.

wcs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by wcs » Sun, 21 Jun 2009 4:14 am

If you have been sitting around for three years, perhaps consider going back to school. Once you graduate from a program at university here, ICA sends you a letter offering you the option to apply for PR if you receive a job offer within 12 months of graduating.

If you have a local qualification on top of your existing education, then there is a greater chance Singapore will want to keep you here. In the meantime you get a temporary employment pass til they can complete the assessment of your application.

Whilst nothing is guaranteed, there is nothing much to lose either!

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by littlegreenman » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 3:54 pm

wcs wrote:If you have been sitting around for three years, perhaps consider going back to school. Once you graduate from a program at university here, ICA sends you a letter offering you the option to apply for PR if you receive a job offer within 12 months of graduating.

If you have a local qualification on top of your existing education, then there is a greater chance Singapore will want to keep you here. In the meantime you get a temporary employment pass til they can complete the assessment of your application.

Whilst nothing is guaranteed, there is nothing much to lose either!
Couldn't agree more although it is not that easy to get into a local uni as a foreigner.

uc
Regular
Regular

Post by uc » Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Aside from the fact that you sound like you have a racist chip on your shoulder, your education level (based on your written English) wasn't all that good either. Marrying an older man might have something to do with your rejection as well as it often appears here as "mail-order" brides. Just keep applying. My nephew has a similar problem at the moment as well and he's got a 1 year old baby and both the baby and the mother were refused another LTSVP and she and the baby have had to go back to there country for a minimum of 6 months. So you don't have it too bad yet.

Hi,pls wht did u mean by ur frnd's wife and baby were refused another Ltsvp? Were they on it before,and how many years have they spent on it?