Singapore Expats

baseball

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Chrs

baseball

Post by Chrs » Wed, 28 Jan 2009 7:29 pm

hey guys, the names shaun ..just moved here from florida and will be here for about a year for some work stuff....anyway just wondering where i can catch some mlb around here and if there is a shop selling jerseys and stuff
thanks a lot

JimH5
Regular
Regular

Post by JimH5 » Thu, 29 Jan 2009 9:32 am

Hi Shaun--

Sorry to say that this is pretty much a baseball-free zone.

During the season you may find a Yankees game broadcast on ESPN Asia. Often the game is tape delayed. They use the YES feeds, and YES broadcasters.

Last year, later in the season, there was an occasional Dodgers game on, but it was sporadic, and not really something you could plan on. It was frustrating during the pennant races to look at ESPN Asia's schedule and see a day filled with random motor sports events and futbol talk.

You may want to look into the MLB.com package, or get a Slingbox installed in the US.

As for shops, I haven't had much luck here either. At least with internet shopping, you can also use MLB.com or another US vendor and have it shipped here directly, or using VPost (which might save a few bucks in shipping charges).

Best wishes. . .

Go Brewers Go!

Chrs

Post by Chrs » Thu, 29 Jan 2009 3:14 pm

hey

oh damn, i was warned before that i wont get much baseball here haha
well yeah i guess soccer is big here, might have to watch that
well thanks anyway guy

Return to “Entertainment, Leisure & Sports”