Singapore Expats

Looking for Dance Partner (M), Beginner to Intermediate

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
stormcrystal

Looking for Dance Partner (M), Beginner to Intermediate

Post by stormcrystal » Sun, 25 Jan 2009 7:02 pm

Hi I'm not an expat but I'm trying my luck over here to see if I can find a tall dancing partner :wink: I'm 28 years old and 5.8ft/172cm tall without heels (about 178cm with 2.5 inches heels). I have just returned to Singapore from UK and is looking for a latin & modern ballroom and/or salsa (incl. bachata, merengue etc) dance partner around my age, height and ability level to take lessons and/or go dancing with. For beginners, scroll to the bottom for lessons I'm interested in!

Latin & Modern Ballroom level: Improver/Intermediate
Duration: 1 year
Styles learnt: Waltz, Quickstep, Tango, Samba, Jive, Cha Cha, and Rhumba.
Note: I know that lessons are costly in SG in comparison to UK so I'm willing to learn a single style even ones that are not mentioned above such as Foxtrot, Argentine Tango, Milonga etc.

Salsa (Cuban & On-1 LA)/Merengue level: Improver/Intermediate
Bachata level: Intermediate
Rueda level: Improver
Shines/Styling level: Beginner
Note: There are not many places in SG that offers lessons on all of these styles at least not from what I've been able to find out, and some that do offer are too costly in comparison to UK, so I'm willing to find a partner for just salsa clubbing although I'm still interested in lessons.

I'm also interested to learn Foxtrot, Paso Doble, Argentine Tango and Milonga from beginner. Ballroom tango is possible too since I don't mind more practice.

If anything in the above has caught your interest, then let me know! Cheerio! :D

Sandy

stormcrystal

karmagod

Post by stormcrystal » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:55 am

Hi Yogen,

Sorry I'm unable to reply to your question as I apparently have not posted enough to be able to send you one. Could you pm me your email? Also what dance are you looking at?

Sandy

porridge0000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by porridge0000 » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:45 am

Hehe... I'm more to 'Line Dancing'... But interested in learning other dances as well. But I think I'm more keen in Salsa though... =)

stormcrystal

Post by stormcrystal » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 2:04 pm

Thanks Bernard for your message! Line dancing eh? I actually tried that once before but it ain't my cup of tea. :( As for salsa, I wouldn't mind taking the beginner lessons if they aren't so abominably expensive in Singapore. In UK, I pay between 5 to 15 pounds (location and event dependent) for at least 2 lessons and then it's free salsa clubbing till 1 to 3am! Ballroom was only 4 pounds and my ex-professional teacher teaches 3 dances successfully in 1 hour. The kind of price in Singapore takes alot of joy out of the actual dancing and severely restricts the size of the dance community possible. Anyway I'm rambling!

If you'd like me to, I could send you a few links for salsa schools. I don't mind meeting you thereafter for some practice dance at the salsa clubs :wink:

Sandy

singapore4me

dance partner

Post by singapore4me » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 2:42 pm

have done a couple of weeks of begineer salsa although it ws smtime bk. looking to improve it or delve into something new.
[email protected]