Singapore Expats Forum

excursions/ travelling/ going out

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Foolslena

excursions/ travelling/ going out

Postby Foolslena » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 1:12 pm

Hi to all,

I'm a 23 year old girl from Berlin, new in Singapore. I'll only be here for about 1 1/2 month for an internship. Since I don't know that many people here, I would be happy if someone likes to meet for excursions (e.g. to Nature reserves, Singapore outer islands etc.) or for drinks or food.

I'm also looking for people to join me for a trip to Malaysia end of February for about a week (thought of seeing Melaka, Pulau Pangkor, KL maybe Cameron Highlands but open to other ideas).

Thank you for all answers, also for any good tips what I should see and do while I'm here.

Nathalie

Foolslena

e-mail address

Postby Foolslena » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 9:03 am

Hi,

can I ask you to send your e-mail addresses if you send me a private message? Because I can't send private messages ("feature is restricted because not enough posts in the forum...") and I don't want to write my e-mail address into public forum.

Thank you,

Nathalie

porridge0000
Chatter
Chatter

Postby porridge0000 » Wed, 28 Jan 2009 4:33 pm

Welcome to Singapore. Well.. there's a trip to bintan/phuket going on around.. You can join in if interested... I most probably be travelling to Batam within this month for some relaxing spa/massage/shopping. Do drop me an email or add me up if interested... ^^

Most probably be going Kuching (Sarawak) during March though, as have a Wedding Dinner over there. But of course will have sometime for myself for sight-seeing too. So if you interested, can let me know too...

enigmatic

Postby enigmatic » Wed, 28 Jan 2009 9:28 pm

Hallo Nathalie

Like you, I'm 23, and don't have long to explore the delights of Singapore and the surrounding area (I'm here for 3 months though, so maybe a little longer than you). I'm from the UK originally

I'm definitely interested in seeing Malaysia, although I think my travelling will be more restricted to weekends. Within Singapore would like to see places like Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and Pulau Ubin (the undeveloped island) as there's a limit to how much shopping I can do...

David
dtellett@gmail.com

jason2009

Postby jason2009 » Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:10 pm

hey, I would say, compared with palau ubin, st John island in more undeveloped

Palau Ubin is full of ppl, especially during the weekends

younggun

Postby younggun » Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:42 am

Are we making any plans for this last week of Jan?
Please keep in loop, if you have howsoever any plans.
Cheers!
Ady :)

onlyhg

Postby onlyhg » Thu, 29 Jan 2009 3:46 pm

Last edited by onlyhg on Mon, 01 Feb 2010 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ridgeside57

Postby ridgeside57 » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:06 am

Aloha, I am 25m from Hawaii doing internship as well until May. I've only been here for 3 weeks now and would love to make new friends to go out with or travel. I would like to travel any where in Southeast Asia but probably restricted to weekends only. Count me in and let me know.

MSN: laowaiian57@hotmail.com

Cheers!