Singapore Expats Forum

Is there any Part Time Work in Singapore?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

thefiveofus

Is there any Part Time Work in Singapore?

Postby thefiveofus » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 4:28 pm

My husband will be working in Singapore. As I will be bringing the 3 kids, I was hoping to get a pert time job (to meet people etc). I am a bank manager here, but would be willing to do any job in Singapore (from banking to retail, etc). Really just want to meet people and earn some travel money.

What are the chances of an expat being allowed to apply for these types of jobs if I am already living there? Do I still need to be sponsored?

smayrhofer
Regular
Regular

Postby smayrhofer » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 6:00 pm

There are many companies that are willing to employ dependant pass holders.

The paper work required is more than for a PR or citizen, though, so you may need to look around longer before you find anything. Some places aren't familiar with the paperwork for hiring dependant pass holders, and may turn you down because they don't know any better. If you take the time to inform yourself and explain to them how it works and how easy it is, they may reconsider.

A lot of places specify that they only hire PR or citizen, which makes your job search a bit more difficult.

Good luck!