Singapore Expats

Plastic Surgery in Singapore

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
bbabymilo
Regular
Regular

Post by bbabymilo » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:22 pm

Edited
Last edited by bbabymilo on Tue, 15 Jun 2010 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

kaya_toast

Post by kaya_toast » Tue, 30 Jun 2009 9:26 pm

Evening,

Hmm… There are not many reviews on the Plastic Surgeons in Singapore. While I was searching for information, I bumped onto this thread in 2008.

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ft ... a5c0937eb2

From the way SIA Cabin Crew Gal described, Dr WW did give her good advice by telling her a chin implant will enhance her features and she does not have to do a nose surgery. Besides that, her chin implant was nicely done and she received compliments. I feel that he is a good doctor and give advice in his best opinion rather than making her spend more.

I also saw this thread post by blink_blink and went to consult Dr Hong.
http://www../cgi-bin/ ... st=2452567

He charge about $2000 plus lesser than Dr WW for a bridge, tip and alar before GST. He is concerned that there may be too much swelling if I want to do all 3 together.

I can’t find any reviews on rhinoplasty work by Dr Ivor Lim and Dr JJ Chua. Besides that, Dr JJ Chua website was down when I was making a decision.

I spent nights reading threads to look for a doctor. Until one day I gave up and called Dr WW’s clinic to make appointment for surgery for the earliest date possible.

Thank for your concern. I seem to recover quite well. A colleague who tried to talk me into giving up a nose job, complimented Dr WW’s job and said it was nicely done (from a boxer's nose).

Today is the 12th day from my surgery, I am still unable to get used to the feeling of having a piece of “something”

maryjanepkt27

chin augmentation

Post by maryjanepkt27 » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:47 pm

Hi all,

has anyone gone for chin implants with dr andrew tay? Im going for a 2nd consultation with him tmr to choose n look at implants & im super scared..hope tgs go well..

has anyone done chin implants b4? hw does it feel? which materials are the best?

wowgirl

Post by wowgirl » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:13 pm

Hi , did anyone done eyebag surgery before ? Any good doctor recommend to me ? Anyone tried TLC clinic (Dr. Jim wong ) ?

lorelai78

Post by lorelai78 » Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:20 pm

hi kaya toast,
planning to do rhino with WW. care to share your results so far? does it look ok? scared but been wanting this for a long time...

kaya_toast

Post by kaya_toast » Sat, 18 Jul 2009 1:27 am

lorelai78 wrote:hi kaya toast,
planning to do rhino with WW. care to share your results so far? does it look ok? scared but been wanting this for a long time...
Dr WW’s charges very expensive hor. Must be “financially strong”

maryjanepkt27

Re: Plastic Surgery in Singapore

Post by maryjanepkt27 » Sat, 18 Jul 2009 3:46 pm

bbabymilo wrote:Hello all, I'm planning to do nose job and chin implant in Singapore. Any famous or best doctors in Singapore to recommend me ?
Hi bbabymilo..for chin augmentg, i may be trying out dr andrew tay..i did consult with Ivor lim, WW & MH before..All have their strengths & r qualified..

It depends on what type of surgeon you want. Ivor & WW clinics r situated at Camden so i figure the rental is higher, thus your surgery bills wl be higher..

MH is situated at Paragon..tht building houses all high-end brands, so focus customers r tai-tais..thus if ure gona do sugery there, its also paying for surgery prx for e prime location..

AT is located at Novena Medical. A more office/exec environmt..prx quite reasonable n at mkt rate.

If u google, all these doctors hv similar bgs, some more than the other..

lorelai78

Post by lorelai78 » Sun, 19 Jul 2009 3:04 pm

Hi Kaya Toast,
Thanks for the advice. Yes, know tht WW is expensive, but I dare not risk going to Thai or other countries. I guess for me, this is a face altering thing, and I would prefer to go to someone who is known in th PS field. Plus, it is easier if I need to go back for follow up etc.
So for ur case, u mean after one month the tip still look big n swollen? Did u hv to sleep upright during recovery? Did u see a big difference after removing the plasters?

kaya_toast

Post by kaya_toast » Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:05 pm

That is what my boyfriend said! He said if the surgery went wrong with your body, you can still cover up with clothes. But nose… Moreover, the structure of nose is not strong. It cannot withstand revisions if you don’t like it.

Yes. The swelling on my bridge had gone down but my nose is still hard, big and round after a month. My old nose is just like a piece of mushroom on my face without any cartilage. Therefore, I had to undergo nose restructure to create a bridge, tip and alar reduction. But just before the surgery, the doctor told me my nostrils are small and he could not do much for alar reduction.

I disciplined myself to sleep upright with 2 pillows for 4 days only. Due to the swelling, I felt more comfortable sleeping upright cos my nose felt heavier when I sleep on my sides.

The plasters and stitches were removed 6th days after my op. My face is coloured with yellow and green from bruising. I used to have a 2 D nose but I can clearly see my nose become 3 D!!! I can see my bridge and tip! Love my side profile although I was swelling badly.

Did he mention he will fully pack your nose to stabilise the implant??? That is the most uncomfortable part cos you have to breathe though mouth for the next 3 days. I took it out on that night as I really cannot rest well breathing from my mouth… His nurses are quite worried but doctor said everything is OK.

When is your op?

lorelai78

Post by lorelai78 » Mon, 20 Jul 2009 10:58 am

Hi Kaya Toast,
Thanks a lot for all your advice. It was really helpful. Am planning to do it in the next few weeks. Still doing the final rounds of checking and researching to be safe. I have the same problem with you too, 2D mushroom hehe. My bf fully supports it as he says since it has been nagging me since I was young, might as well just do it and do a proper one, once and for all. Although he did say he don't mind my mushroom. :)

For me, I think I should be able to do alar, but my problem is, my nose is very fat and fleshy. So, am not sure if the PS will help to enhance it by removing the fats. I also don't want it to collapse lah, if too much is done. Aiya, green and yellow on the face! Gosh, that must be tough to tahan for so many days. After one month nose still big and hard!?

Btw, how did he recontruct the tip?

kaya_toast

Post by kaya_toast » Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:47 pm

Are you working? If you dun mind your colleagues to know you went for PS, he will give you MC for the surgery.

He told me I have a fatty nose and he had to remove the fat. As I was conscious during my surgery, I kept chatting with him when he was cutting me. From the small talks, he mentioned that he is good at nose reconstruction and aware of the possibility of over-correction.

I am quite OK with my colourful face. I went back to work on the 6th days. When I went shopping after my follow-up, a lot of people stared at me, I just smiled. The change is so drastic, it is impossible for friends/ colleagues not to notice my new nose.

During the pre-surgery consultation, he asked me which side of my ear I use to answer phone calls as he needs to extract the cartilage from the other ear to construct my nose tip. Therefore, at the start of the surgery, other than the 4 jabs on my face, he jabbed on my left ear. After he cut my nose, he told me he found some cartilage within it and he is not going to cut my ear.

I also told him Taiwan uses rib bone for bridge and why he is not using, he said he dun like to create more scars and to obtain a rib bone he need to use hospital facilities which will incur high cost.

Yes. People around me may not notice but it is really still big and hard… BTW I am still unable to give a reasonable review of his work till my swelling is complete... 8-)

maryjanepkt27

Post by maryjanepkt27 » Fri, 24 Jul 2009 2:39 pm

surreymum wrote:Sorry, no idea about rhinoplasty with him, had mine done in UK years ago,(bit of an addict!!). I was simply impressed with his diligence and knowledge; his reason for this was the more time he spent on my needs outside the OR, the less time we would spend in the OR.
Actually he specialsies in cranio-facial surgery, but I figured if he could be an expert in that, then a set of boobs would be no problem!
Hi Surreymum!
Thks for your feedback! What made u go for dr AT??..Im having my chin implant surgery wit him next week & i am super scared as i count dwn the days left..did u encounter lots of pain post-op?

Gd tg is that Andrew Tay is a reassuring doc & v patient..but im not sure yet abt his skills on chin augmenting.. i jus figured tht since his expertise r in cranio-facial surgery, he wud understd e human face well?? haiz rily hope im makin d rite move cse im super scared of the risks involved & wat if i turn out worst than b4 :((...didnt do abroad cse cse din feel comfortable altho many advised to..

lorelai78

Post by lorelai78 » Tue, 28 Jul 2009 2:14 pm

Dear Kayatoast,

Sorry, could not PM you so had to do this long stretch of questions and replies :P

Yes, I am working, dat's why am a bit concerned. I bet everyone around sure know I go for PS after a couple of days missing and going back with a swollen face. That was the main thing that was holding me back. Wow, you are so gung-ho, going shopping and being so active so fast after the PS! Luckily ear didn't have to be cut too. Good for you! So how do you like it so far :) Care to share? Better and looking good now?

I was told that a lot of medicine will be given, is that true? For you, how many days do you have to take medication or pain killer etc? Fingers crossed, I am doing mine in a couple weeks' time. I chose him cos my cousin did her nose with him like some 10 over years back, and it still looks darn good. So without doubt, I will go to WW. I just need to convince myself to be confident and go for it after researching for so many years! Scared at the same time...

HauteCouture

Post by HauteCouture » Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:49 am

Hey guys,

I chanced upon this website and I feel it's my responsibility to share with all.

Check out the infected nose that rot away!!!!

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/2009 ... #more-1098

It's very graphic so beware.

I still think plastic surgery is all about luck. If you are prone to keloid, infection, allergies, steer clear of it.

vivilen81
Regular
Regular

Post by vivilen81 » Thu, 30 Jul 2009 7:01 pm

Did any1 of u hv revison rhino wif Dr. Hong Soo Wan or other sg surgeons? I need to revise to a higher bridge, tiplasty as well. Tired of going back to thailand again.