Singapore Expats Forum

more friends to hangout

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
sierra

more friends to hangout

Postby sierra » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 1:04 pm

Hi...
I am planning to come over to SIN around next week. So as a newbie I'd like to make more friends there..
I also have couples of questions....
~ Which is the good resto/bar in Clark quay/Boat quay to hang out for dinner/just night out?
~How about some good clubs for people 30s and above?
~Is there any gathering again around next week and where is it? and also is there any age limitation for the gathering? :)

So anyway, Thanks for the attention...
Please email me if you're looking for new friends also to hangout for the next week.

Sovie

porridge0000
Chatter
Chatter

Postby porridge0000 » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 2:59 pm

Hi Sovie,

First of all.. Welcome to Singapore ^^
As for your question, hope the below answer do help.. ^^

Q: Which is the good resto/bar in Clark quay/Boat quay to hang out for dinner/just night out?
A: Usually I went to the pub at Bugis, or should says Liang Seah Street. As my friend work there, hence do often went down to support her too. Liang Seah street is famous in Steamboat. A group of friends eating together will be fun. As for pub in Clarke/Boat Quay, I usually went down Club Sake. A place to enjoy drinking, or perhaps listening to some 'singer' singing...

Q: How about some good clubs for people 30s and above?
A: As for clubbing, I seldom do so. Perhaps once in awhile will drop by Dragonfly or Powerhouse in Vivo. If you love dancing and drinking, it might be a good place to hang out...

Q: Is there any gathering again around next week and where is it? and also is there any age limitation for the gathering?
A: I believe there is gathering almost every week. Perhaps you can look through the web though...

sierra

Postby sierra » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:30 am

ahh.. you guys have Dragonfly too.. thats cool, like in Jakarta... I would surely wants to visit... :)
I am not very much into clubs but once in a while its good just to check it out and have some fun time ...

Thank you very much for the advises...

Cheers!

porridge0000
Chatter
Chatter

Postby porridge0000 » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 2:08 pm

Yup. Once in a while is nice to go club... whereby can dance and drink at one go... However, I seldom dance though, as not good in dancing, and don't like too.. So even join friends to go disco, I will just sit and drink and listen to music instead. O. You from Jakarta? My mum was from Indonesia, Tanjung Balai too. And have a few relatives staying in Jakarta...