Singapore Expats

Kandahar st to the outdoors

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
chromesmic

Kandahar st to the outdoors

Post by chromesmic » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 3:45 am

Hi Guys,

Im moving to Singapore in April, really enjoyed reading this forum and getting tips and advice.

I am going to be working in Kandahar st - would like to live somewhere where it feels a little more outdoors and possibly close to a golf course. I have been reading more out East I could find this?

My job is going to be fairly big days and I will need a 1-2 bed apartment no more than $3000 a month - somewhere with a good link into work.

I was hoping I could get some potential areas to look at - we are from the UK.

Any advice much appreciated.

BodyBlitz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BodyBlitz » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 9:18 am

Thats alot to ask for with that budget.

The best you can try for is along Geylang/Aljunied.

chromesmic

Post by chromesmic » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 5:35 pm

thanks for your reply what sort of budget would I need then for an apartment meeting those requirements?

Regards

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 7:45 pm

your budget of no more than S$3000 a month is sound, at least you have a budget. in reality, you probably can get something for less. april is still a long way away. who knows what will happen to the economy and the property market then.

shopaholic3560

Post by shopaholic3560 » Thu, 12 Feb 2009 1:32 pm

A friend of mine that came back from the UK rented a 3 bedroom condo (1500 square feet) at Thomson 300 last month for Sing$3000 a month. It's a really nice place at Thomson Road area but not near any MRTs unfortunately. They bought a car anyway. You may want to think about staying at East Coast area to feel the outdoors (but it's not near the MRTs however, there are some direct buses to town) or if you are getting a car, you can think about Punggol or Pasir Ris area (you can get seaview).

There are a few online websites where you can find photos of property for rent and you'll also get an idea about the prices. Let me know if you need help with the websites.