Singapore Expats Forum

Dinner ware

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

jpoorni

Dinner ware

Postby jpoorni » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 4:51 pm

where do i get dinner ware sets,

Poornima

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 5:33 pm

Hi - and welcome.

What sort are you looking for? Without much more information from you we cannot really help you that much, as it could range from Napkins at McDonalds, foam plates at your local hawker center, through to well, anything!

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 5:57 pm

Hi Poornima,

Mustafa - for sets & Robinsons for separates.

Cheers!
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 7:25 pm

you can get noritake in taka or isetan.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 8:51 pm

Ceramic Tableware Factory Outlet
Java Enterprises Pte Ltd
25 Tagore Lane #03-13
Singapore Godown
Tel: 6452 2780

Tons of plates and patterns, dirt cheap.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:28 pm

Original Royal Albert, made in UK dated 1962, Patent was the last made in England before they moved the manufacturing to Asia, Thailand, there are lots of copies about so be careful if purchasing quality.

Although my collection just arrived with my container, and never been used at all. This is really beautiful China ware but in Singapore it's very very expensive, you can view here!

If you are out to impress and want an investment too go for this kind of bone china, but be advised of the copies on the market which are coming out of Asian Countries. It is still made today but with no date stamp, and 1 new 10 inch dinner plate is £20 in UK, so you can see the collectors sets, are worth there weight in bone china :)

http://www.squidoo.com/royal-albert-old-country-roses

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:42 pm

wah... a bit grand to use it for a 50cents teh tarik! :)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:42 pm

durain wrote:wah... a bit grand to use it for a 50cents teh tarik! :)
That's why it's on its way out, the wife doesn't cook and now my container arrived after 8 years in storage, I have no room, so everything will be going except my books, maybe the computer techie repair books, maybe sold off, because my eye sight is getting worse.

My LP records I'll be playing for the next year, it's surprising just how much one accumulates, I was in tears dumping new clothes too, that i would never wear out here, but would wear in the UK, the rent i was paying in UK was just dead money really, i can just as well live in a hotel.

My old hifi must be 20 years old ha! Plugged it in and it worked fine, although my bose 301 speakers were broke, squashed, and the needle on my record player, and the idiots never packed the lid to the record player, just shows, what happens when one doesn't supervise properly :oops:

Ah yes, my Akai video player, a thing of the past these days, and about 30 old classic videos to watch! Nostalgia all over again :D Hey guess what, i had an email from this lady today, she had found me on friend reunited.com, she's been married the last 20 years, it turns out it was an old girlfriend, crikey she was only 17 when I was 27, living in the US now!

So sad how i broke her heart, because i had just divorced from the Mrs and didn't want anything heavy around my neck. But oh my god the memories talk about 24 hour sex marathons, and a kick in the goolies :oops:

That's what it felt like servicing this beauty, tooo much for me after 9 months, Scorpion women man ouch!

Although affection I still have for her, I just told the wife and she says i must have left an impression, I said yeah, i made her pay all the bills :P Jokingly

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blue_thunder » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 5:16 pm

If u wanna buy it as a set , then in mustafa it costs a whopping $100+..worth if you wanna gift it to someone.
If wanna buy it for self use, then check in Spotlight which is at Plaza singapura
prices from $20 for a dinner set ...

Cheers
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me