Singapore Expats Forum

dinner buddies wanted, from street food to fine dining

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
lifetraveler
Regular
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat, 10 Jan 2009
Location: California, US

Re:

Postby lifetraveler » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:52 am

Dounut wrote:Has IDBA changed chairman from LifeTraveler to Davidy ? ? :o

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=82132577024


Miss Dount,

"IDBA" is an extremely loose/random/spontaneous, self-moderated, non-profit, non-political organization, driven by good appetite, taste of food, colorful culture behind each cuisine and a genuine hatred toward the loneliness during the dinner.

Extremely pleasant to see David set up this Facebook thing, which means Lifetraveler will keep traveling sooner or later, but IDBA will stay. Wonderful dinners filled with laughter will stay.

So,

bon appetite!!

kathchey
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 25 Feb 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby kathchey » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:15 pm

this sounds interesting! pls include me in the loop cos i'm a food lover too! katetsy@hotmail.com

funksg
Regular
Regular
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon, 28 Jul 2008

hi food lovers..

Postby funksg » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 2:46 pm

can anybody post email to all interested..so keep in loop n touch..
easier for all.. as other grps r doing here..
thanks..
mukulsg@gmail.com

User avatar
pnxjamie
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon, 28 May 2007

Postby pnxjamie » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 2:56 pm

I guess those who are interested can join the facebook group?

lifetraveler
Regular
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat, 10 Jan 2009
Location: California, US

Postby lifetraveler » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 3:38 pm

Dounut wrote:Ya. Must be patient. Dounut is very busy at work.

Wah, just reach home from work. Another 2 more days to survive through this kind of situation. :evil:

I might be able to knock off much earlier on Friday, but need to keep my fingers crossed first, and KIV the situation on Thursday. :-|

What is the event going on this Friday? :roll:



Look at the list, it seems time for that Mini Nepalese Restaurant proposed by Chelsea0816 for Friday Dinner.

there are two,

Mini Nepal Restaurant (Boon Keng)
1088 Serangoon Road, Near Boon Keng MRT & St. Micheal (Opp. E-lim Church)
Ph: 63923482, 96721046

Mini Nepal Restaurant (Little India)
23 Upper Dickson Road
Ph: 62935623, 96771907

which one is better?

1. Russian place (March 6, 8:30pm, proposed by Dounut)
2. Mini Nepalese restaurant (Time TBD, proposed by chelsea0816)
3. Lei Garden for Dim Sum (Time TBD, proposed by Lifetraveler)
4. My Humble House (Time TBD, proposed by Lifetraveler)
5. Your Woul, the Korean food (Time TBD, proposed by Tulip)
6. Herbal Duck Soup <$5 ! ! (Time TBD, proposed by Dounut)
7. Herbal Mutton Soup (Hot Item) + Chicken Rice + Other Dishes (Time TBD, proposed by Dounut)
8. Tiong Bahru 煮炒(Time TBD, proposed by Dounut)
9. Red Star Restaurant at Chin Swee Road - sunday yum cha/dim sum (TBD, proposed by woofmy)
10. No Signboard Seafood Restaurant at Aljunied (TBD, proposed by woofmy)
11. Muthu's Curry at Suntec Mall (TBD, proposed by woofmy)

birkin
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri, 14 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby birkin » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 9:43 pm

Err...are locals welcome to join you guys on 6 March? :?

I'm local and would love to join in, but don't want to be the odd one out :-|

lifetraveler
Regular
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat, 10 Jan 2009
Location: California, US

Postby lifetraveler » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:18 pm

birkin wrote:Err...are locals welcome to join you guys on 6 March? :?

I'm local and would love to join in, but don't want to be the odd one out :-|


Of course, everyone welcome.

tulipe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue, 05 Aug 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: Friday night Dinner

Postby tulipe » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:32 pm

lifetraveler wrote:
Dounut wrote:
moto wrote:any plans for dinner this friday? i hope we can eat dinner together around 730, then all go to fndc by 9....


I don't mind dinner, but I am still working at 7:30pm, most likely will only finish by 8pm. Thus, I won't be able to make it so early. :wink:


Sounds good to me, Moto, if I am not in Penang or Cambodia at that moment. I will join you. We can pick one from the list below, or Moto, you can come up with your own. :-)

I love this list!!

Most updated list:

1. La Strada (Feb 18, 8:30pm, proposed by littleschnookums)
2. Russian place (March 6, 8:30pm, proposed by Dounut)
3. Mini Nepalese restaurant (Time TBD, proposed by chelsea0816)
4. Lei Garden for Dim Sum (Time TBD, proposed by Lifetraveler)
5. The Humble House (Time TBD, proposed by Lifetraveler)
6. Your Woul, the Korean food (Time TBD, proposed by Tulip)
7. Herbal Duck Soup <$5 ! ! (Time TBD, proposed by Dounut)
8. Herbal Mutton Soup (Hot Item) + Chicken Rice + Other Dishes (Time TBD, proposed by Dounut)
:lol:


wow... seem like life traveller diners club had grow over the months... and the list is truly long..............so when should I insert my korean food ;p

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 2:17 am

lifetraveler wrote:
Dounut wrote:Ya. Must be patient. Dounut is very busy at work.

Wah, just reach home from work. Another 2 more days to survive through this kind of situation. :evil:

I might be able to knock off much earlier on Friday, but need to keep my fingers crossed first, and KIV the situation on Thursday. :-|

What is the event going on this Friday? :roll:



Look at the list, it seems time for that Mini Nepalese Restaurant proposed by Chelsea0816 for Friday Dinner.

there are two,

Mini Nepal Restaurant (Boon Keng)
1088 Serangoon Road, Near Boon Keng MRT & St. Micheal (Opp. E-lim Church)
Ph: 63923482, 96721046

Mini Nepal Restaurant (Little India)
23 Upper Dickson Road
Ph: 62935623, 96771907

which one is better?

1. Russian place (March 6, 8:30pm, proposed by Dounut)
2. Mini Nepalese restaurant (Time TBD, proposed by chelsea0816)
3. Lei Garden for Dim Sum (Time TBD, proposed by Lifetraveler)
4. My Humble House (Time TBD, proposed by Lifetraveler)
5. Your Woul, the Korean food (Time TBD, proposed by Tulip)
6. Herbal Duck Soup <$5 ! ! (Time TBD, proposed by Dounut)
7. Herbal Mutton Soup (Hot Item) + Chicken Rice + Other Dishes (Time TBD, proposed by Dounut)
8. Tiong Bahru 煮炒(Time TBD, proposed by Dounut)
9. Red Star Restaurant at Chin Swee Road - sunday yum cha/dim sum (TBD, proposed by woofmy)
10. No Signboard Seafood Restaurant at Aljunied (TBD, proposed by woofmy)
11. Muthu's Curry at Suntec Mall (TBD, proposed by woofmy)


Sorry, I can't promise my time tomolo. Anyway, both places are 'far' for me to rush there, even if I can make it.

No 7. Herbal Mutton Soup @ Chin Chin, Purvis Street, near Raffles Hotel? You can go ahead with it & SMS me the outcome. I will try to catch u if I can leave early. :roll:

Or we can meet for some late nite dinner after I finish work, kick back and relax. But it will be a last min thing if you don't mind. Ops, I lost your no. So, sms me. :P

No 9. Red Star -- The last time I went there was 3 years ago, standard has dropped alot & prices has shot up, atmosphere is there tho. :wink:

User avatar
woofmy
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu, 12 Feb 2009
Location: Earth

Postby woofmy » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 4:10 pm

[quote="Dounut]
No 9. Red Star -- The last time I went there was 3 years ago, standard has dropped alot & prices has shot up, atmosphere is there tho. :wink:[/quote]

standard drop a bit lah... but still one of the better ones in Singapore :P

also.. the hargou quality is very seasonal.. depends on whether they over steam it.

lifetraveler
Regular
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat, 10 Jan 2009
Location: California, US

See you later

Postby lifetraveler » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 5:01 pm

woofmy wrote:[quote="Dounut]
No 9. Red Star -- The last time I went there was 3 years ago, standard has dropped alot & prices has shot up, atmosphere is there tho. :wink:[/quote]


Hi, Lifetraveler is going back to US tomorrow. Singapore is great. Dinner buddies are awesome. Will be back.

Remember to reward yourself with good dinner and great friendship now and then. Stay away from instant noodle and junk food. :-)

Cheers,

Lifetraveler

chelsea0816
Regular
Regular
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed, 03 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby chelsea0816 » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:23 pm

lifetraveler wrote:
Dounut wrote:Ya. Must be patient. Dounut is very busy at work.

Wah, just reach home from work. Another 2 more days to survive through this kind of situation. :evil:

I might be able to knock off much earlier on Friday, but need to keep my fingers crossed first, and KIV the situation on Thursday. :-|

What is the event going on this Friday? :roll:



Look at the list, it seems time for that Mini Nepalese Restaurant proposed by Chelsea0816 for Friday Dinner.

there are two,

Mini Nepal Restaurant (Boon Keng)
1088 Serangoon Road, Near Boon Keng MRT & St. Micheal (Opp. E-lim Church)
Ph: 63923482, 96721046

Mini Nepal Restaurant (Little India)
23 Upper Dickson Road
Ph: 62935623, 96771907

which one is better?


opp'sie, i miss this post :S
well anyone interested in the Mini Nepal Restaurant next Sat, 7th March, 8pm at Little India? We can meet at Little India station and walk from there...

personally i havent been to the other 1, but the one at little india is really cosy, we can drop by to Prince of Wales for a drink n live band or party after if everyone's on for it :D

my email if anyone's interested for foodie next sat: zflorence@hotmail.com
i'll email u my contact after...
Last edited by chelsea0816 on Sat, 28 Feb 2009 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Re: See you later

Postby Dounut » Sat, 28 Feb 2009 1:43 am

lifetraveler wrote:
woofmy wrote:[quote="Dounut]
No 9. Red Star -- The last time I went there was 3 years ago, standard has dropped alot & prices has shot up, atmosphere is there tho. :wink:[/quote]

Hi, Lifetraveler is going back to US tomorrow. Singapore is great. Dinner buddies are awesome. Will be back.

Remember to reward yourself with good dinner and great friendship now and then. Stay away from instant noodle and junk food. :-)

Cheers,

Lifetraveler[/quote]


Lifetraveler are you coming back? Can get for me my collection of airline's cutlery set ? ? :oops:

Woofmy I don't mind to go once in a while as a group, but it won't be like in the past when I visited often. :wink:

lifetraveler
Regular
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat, 10 Jan 2009
Location: California, US

Re: See you later

Postby lifetraveler » Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:59 am

Dounut wrote:
lifetraveler wrote:
woofmy wrote:[quote="Dounut]
No 9. Red Star -- The last time I went there was 3 years ago, standard has dropped alot & prices has shot up, atmosphere is there tho. :wink:[/quote]

Hi, Lifetraveler is going back to US tomorrow. Singapore is great. Dinner buddies are awesome. Will be back.

Remember to reward yourself with good dinner and great friendship now and then. Stay away from instant noodle and junk food. :-)

Cheers,

Lifetraveler[/quote]

Lifetraveler are you coming back? Can get for me my collection of airline's cutlery set ? ? :oops:

Woofmy I don't mind to go once in a while as a group, but it won't be like in the past when I visited often. :wink:[/quote]



Sure, I will be back. Singapore is too good to leave. :-)

Which airline are you still missing? or you want the newly released anti-terror version?

(I am in HongKong Airport having dim sum now. gooooood!!!)

Cheers,

Lifetraveler

User avatar
lore
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat, 28 Feb 2009
Location: Singapore

RE: Wanna join

Postby lore » Sat, 28 Feb 2009 6:56 pm

:( Wow...yummy. I am new here. Guess i missed this fun gathering for food and drinks. pls buzz me if there's any gathering soon. :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest