Singapore Expats Forum

Kindness Campaign

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

raxdb15

Kindness Campaign

Postby raxdb15 » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 2:45 pm

Was sent this link by one of my colleagues and thought it was a rather meaningful way to start the new year.

http://kindness.sg/

Thought you guys could take a look and maybe take a minute to think what little actions we can undertake to have a better year!

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 4:11 pm

These clowns are very kind when it comes to their terms of use.

Linking to the Homepage: You may link to the Homepage of this Site, upon notifying SKM in writing.

So unless you notified them that you were going to post the link here you are in violation of the terms of use.

But, just how do these folks expect to get the word out if linking is prohibited? Maroons.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 4:26 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:These clowns are very kind when it comes to their terms of use.

Linking to the Homepage: You may link to the Homepage of this Site, upon notifying SKM in writing.

So unless you notified them that you were going to post the link here you are in violation of the terms of use.

But, just how do these folks expect to get the word out if linking is prohibited? Maroons.

I have also received one from a Maxine Teng, titled Singapore requirement impt. It is a pretty good con, claiming Microsoft are paying people to forward on, I have literally thousands of emails now ha!

It's good if you can use them, maybe UK design can insert his advertisement and let people forward it on. The people behind these new innovations of marketing are tracking the the reach and collecting emails too by the looks of it, could also plant virus bots or worms onto the computer if opened or just visiting the links. Best to do sscan for spyware if not protected.

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pakjohn » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 6:12 pm

Was sent this link by one of my colleagues and thought it was a rather meaningful way to start the new year.

Admittedly often suspicious of people that give referral links with their first post, but on the surface it seems like a nice thought.

What is a maroons? Isn't this typical out of the can disclaimers for a website? If they're intent is to spread nice, is it just mean to flame them? lol!

I have also received one from a Maxine Teng, titled Singapore requirement impt. It is a pretty good con, claiming Microsoft are paying people to forward on, I have literally thousands of emails now ha!

Am I missing something? It didn't look like the microsoft chain letter going around. Did they claim you'd benefit financially if you forward the link? (Provided you have permission to do so.)
Pakjohn

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:58 pm

pakjohn wrote:

Admittedly often suspicious of people that give referral links with their first post, but on the surface it seems like a nice thought.

What is a maroons? Isn't this typical out of the can disclaimers for a website? If they're intent is to spread nice, is it just mean to flame them? lol!

Am I missing something? It didn't look like the microsoft chain letter going around. Did they claim you'd benefit financially if you forward the link? (Provided you have permission to do so.)

Pakjohn: Did they claim you'd benefit financially if you forward the link? (Provided you have permission to do so.
Yes it is the Microsoft chain letter i received today, it's been sent on to me, but it stops here! With thousands of emails on it, I was a little confused that i had to page down so far to read the message, it's been sent to many, before arriving in my box. with claims by some they have received money. I guess it's being tracked by something malicious!

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 11:04 pm

Maroon = M O R O N

You want to say something nice, you have to post your email address. Why? Email harvester is all it is.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 4:53 pm

was wondering why you called him a chestnut, or a cookie

BTW SE havn't got your email reply from November
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 8:21 am

I stand corrected, how could I forget? Those immortal words by Bugs.

http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/Bugs/Bugs34.wav
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape