Singapore Expats Forum

Typo Error in PR Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pp75

Typo Error in PR Application

Post by pp75 » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 3:44 pm

After almost 2 months of application for PR I realised that I made a typo error in the application form. In the annexure page where the employer endorses the applicant's employment, there's a section which needs to filled in :- Monthly Basic and Monthly Gross. I wrote the Monthly Basic salary correctly but in the Monthly gross, by mistake I put the Annual gross amount. The employer HR also didnt notice this and they too signed the Annexure.

However I had attached the appointment letter as part of the supporting document which states the salary correctly. I am now really worried whether ICA would reject the application because of this.

Have anyone come across such cases before ?? So far I havent heard anything from ICA. What are the chances ?

TennoHekka
Regular
Regular

Post by TennoHekka » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 7:12 pm

Why don't you just call the ICA and bring it to the case officer's attention?

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 8:13 pm

TennoHekka wrote:Why don't you just call the ICA and bring it to the case officer's attention?
Have you ever tried calling the ICA especially PR dept :o

Ok I know you probably haven't, but calling the ICA is a waste of time at best :cool:

TennoHekka
Regular
Regular

Post by TennoHekka » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 10:35 pm

Saint wrote:
TennoHekka wrote:Why don't you just call the ICA and bring it to the case officer's attention?
Have you ever tried calling the ICA especially PR dept :o

Ok I know you probably haven't, but calling the ICA is a waste of time at best :cool:
True! I forgot all about that! :oops:
Well, its down to either looking up the civil service directory and calling someone in particular, or a visit in person if he's losing sleep over it. I don't think they'll can his application just for that alone, maybe they'll call to verify eventually... :D

pp75

Post by pp75 » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 11:00 pm

I had called them today to ask about the status, but I didnt mention abt it. The officer said the status is still "in process". He said it normally takes around 3-6 months.

I am sure they would understand it as the gross salary mentioned there is basic * 12. And anyways they can always refer to the documents attached along with the application. I just hope they ignore this typo error.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 7:28 pm

I really wouldn't worry about it. I am sure that ICA have come across worse typos! Let's face it: most PR applicants would not have English as a first language. At the most, you may be asked to clarify what you have written.

pp75

Post by pp75 » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:02 pm

Yes, what you have said is correct. I myself went to ICA and told them about this and they asked me to write an application for the correction. I have done that. My only concern was this shouldnt delay the process.