Singapore Expats Forum

Johnnie Walker WHisky

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
chixchix
Editor
Editor

Johnnie Walker WHisky

Postby chixchix » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 10:44 am

Hii all :) i hope I am not posting this at the wrong place... anyways.. I want to buy a Johhnie Walker whisky bottle for my husband..as a wedding anniversary gift.

I only know about Black label ..can anyone tell me which is the best range,,they have blue and green also ...

Also where can I buy it and the price..thanks lots in advance ! :)
Always have a smile on that face!

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Johnnie Walker WHisky

Postby blue_thunder » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 12:54 pm

chixchix wrote:Hii all :) i hope I am not posting this at the wrong place... anyways.. I want to buy a Johhnie Walker whisky bottle for my husband..as a wedding anniversary gift.

I only know about Black label ..can anyone tell me which is the best range,,they have blue and green also ...

Also where can I buy it and the price..thanks lots in advance ! :)

If im not wrong, johnnie walker series follows this seq..

Red Label ~ $20-25
Black ~ 30-40
Green ~ $100 +
Gold ~ ??
Blue ~ $220 +

Prices quoted above are from Duty Free shops of airport...you can add approx 100 bucks for each if u wanna buy it in the city...
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 1:11 pm

If it were me, I'd much rather receive a bottle of 25 year old Chives Royal Salute in the Spode china bottle. Much better drop. I'd rather drink Dewar's 8 year old scotch than drink Johnnie Walker Black Label.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Postby chixchix » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 7:20 pm

ok thanks... then which is the best to buy cos he takes,, whisky ,,chivas ...hmm..wat else... i would like to give him something memorable.. hehehheh at least I will try to coax him not to open the bottle yet ehehhee :wink:
Always have a smile on that face!

PomodoroDolce

Postby PomodoroDolce » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 2:28 am

There is a whiskey shop called La Maison Du Whisky at Robertson Quay. You should be able to get some decent recommendations there