Singapore Expats Forum

Are Locals Welcomed Here? NOT a Troll!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

TennoHekka
Regular
Regular

Are Locals Welcomed Here? NOT a Troll!

Postby TennoHekka » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 2:16 pm

Hi all!
I came across your forum while looking up some business articles, and it seems like you have a pretty a lively group here. I am a local (by virture of that red non-UK passport!), though I have been out of the country for a while now. Just wondering if you folks here would welcome some local participation, and I promise not to troll, taunt or bait anyone, or be a royal pain in the behind to the mods here should I be allowed to stay. Hope to be back soon again. Cheers! 8-)

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Postby sierra2469alpha » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 2:24 pm

TH - of course you're welcome!

PS. not all of us have UK passports ;) some of us have blue AUS passports, and even luckier ones have red AUS passports! We have quite a few GER passports, FRE passports, CAN passports, USA passports...woops, I need a list!!!

Cheers, Mr. P

TennoHekka
Regular
Regular

Postby TennoHekka » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 2:50 pm

So noted! Thanks! :D

smayrhofer
Regular
Regular

Postby smayrhofer » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 2:51 pm

I'm willing to bet there are a whole bunch of SIN passports that participate here for the fun of it.

Not to mention asian expats.

TennoHekka
Regular
Regular

Postby TennoHekka » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 3:17 pm

Well, I read some posts from the regs here regarding idiot comments by the sammyboy members, and it made me wonder if folks here were spooked into thinking all locals think and post like them. I call those guys the "KKNB" lot (If you have kept up with your local slang jargon, you'll know what I am referring to here! :twisted: ), and all it takes is the image of the government, foreigners or the educated etc. to get them foaming at the mouth! :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 8:47 pm

TennoHekka wrote:Well, I read some posts from the regs here regarding idiot comments by the sammyboy members, and it made me wonder if folks here were spooked into thinking all locals think and post like them. I call those guys the "KKNB" lot (If you have kept up with your local slang jargon, you'll know what I am referring to here!)

Hi Tenno, I'm local and have no clue what KKNB means. Some Hokkien army lingo?

You'll probably find most folks here friendly and welcoming, though I have to warn you that general knowledge of local slang is more or less limited to sticking 'lah' at the end of sentences. :)

TennoHekka
Regular
Regular

Postby TennoHekka » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 8:54 pm

Haha! Better for you not to know then, though I suspect you have heard it once or twice at the very least, and I think I messed it up here, should have been KNNB...My bad! :D
Strange, but my expats buds have been asking me to teach them a few choice local words lately, something to do with "handling irritants" on the island these days! :P

local lad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby local lad » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 1:52 pm

TennoHekka wrote:Haha! Better for you not to know then, though I suspect you have heard it once or twice at the very least, and I think I messed it up here, should have been KNNB...My bad! :D
Strange, but my expats buds have been asking me to teach them a few choice local words lately, something to do with "handling irritants" on the island these days! :P

I am a local too. So says my nickname. Your expat friends can learn more if they visit talkingcock.com . At the end of the course, they probably be more proficient than you.

:D

TennoHekka
Regular
Regular

Postby TennoHekka » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 2:41 pm

local lad wrote:
TennoHekka wrote:Haha! Better for you not to know then, though I suspect you have heard it once or twice at the very least, and I think I messed it up here, should have been KNNB...My bad! :D

I am a local too. So says my nickname. Your expat friends can learn more if they visit talkingcock.com . At the end of the course, they probably be more proficient than you.

:D

Haha! They can also visit laksadotcom as well, all the more power to them! :D

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Addadude » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 4:38 pm

Surely the acronym should be "KNNCCB"? :twisted:

TennoHekka
Regular
Regular

Postby TennoHekka » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 6:31 pm

Addadude wrote:Surely the acronym should be "KNNCCB"? :twisted: