Singapore Expats Forum

Workout buddies anyone?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.

Sponsored by:
Image
Hotel Booking

chelsea0816
Regular
Regular
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed, 03 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Workout buddies anyone?

Postby chelsea0816 » Mon, 05 Jan 2009 12:41 am

Hi, was wondering any ladies here who goes to Amore for workout? Wld be nice to workout together. I sooo lack motivation when i'm working out alone...

Christmasdude
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 05 Jan 2009

Postby Christmasdude » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:17 am

Do you like the tv show queer as folk ?

chelsea0816
Regular
Regular
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed, 03 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby chelsea0816 » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 12:28 am

Christmasdude wrote:Do you like the tv show queer as folk ?


please... for gals, hanging out to exercise and/ or just have fun chilling out is more of female-bonding! Guys never get it! :P

afunexpatgirl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 07 Jan 2009

Workout gyms

Postby afunexpatgirl » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 9:02 am

Hi there,

I am here in Singapore and looking for a great gym. I have been to Pure in Hong Kong while I was living there but actually from the United States.

I'd be willing to go with ya and have a tour while I'm there from a rep. Let me know!

J

chelsea0816
Regular
Regular
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed, 03 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: Workout gyms

Postby chelsea0816 » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 8:38 pm

afunexpatgirl wrote:Hi there,

I am here in Singapore and looking for a great gym. I have been to Pure in Hong Kong while I was living there but actually from the United States.

I'd be willing to go with ya and have a tour while I'm there from a rep. Let me know!

J


Hi J,
Amore is a all-girls fitness gym with nice facilities and 1 thing i like abt it is, there's no staring males (not all though). Also, there's lots of classes to choose from; kickboxing, pilates, yoga, belly-dance & more :D
I'll be glad to bring u there. Maybe this sun late morning? i'll be going to a kick-boxing class..

My email add: zflorence@hotmail.com

Charmingaladdin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat, 17 Jan 2009

Postby Charmingaladdin » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 5:39 pm

One of the more popular gyms here is California Fitness but the folks there are very persistent in getting u to sign up as members.u ladies can try Planet Fitness 2

janet85
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon, 26 Jan 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby janet85 » Tue, 27 Jan 2009 9:10 pm

hey i would PM, butdon't have enough posts. Happy to visit the gym and take more classes

my email address is ngozi85@hotmail.com

cheers
Janet

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Wed, 28 Jan 2009 1:09 am

Planet Fitness is no long exist, being bought over by True Group. I am with Cali, as usual they treat you well before you sign up. Once you are a member, it's up to your guess.

Charmingaladdin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat, 17 Jan 2009

Postby Charmingaladdin » Wed, 28 Jan 2009 9:17 am

i didn't know that True Fitness has extinct. I like the atmosphere at Cali but it's just that I hate their marketing strategy.They'll say things like a friend intro them to me and then make multiple cold calls asking me to sign up.n then say time is running out and i'm gonna miss out on a gd deal

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:45 am

Charmingaladdin wrote:i didn't know that True Fitness has extinct. I like the atmosphere at Cali but it's just that I hate their marketing strategy.They'll say things like a friend intro them to me and then make multiple cold calls asking me to sign up.n then say time is running out and i'm gonna miss out on a gd deal

All the gyms do the same thing, although Cali is probably the worst of the lot...
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

porridge0000
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed, 05 Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby porridge0000 » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:48 am

I don't dare to attend Cali gym... Went there once with a few friends of mine... And bounce into some gays... kinda awkward though... hehe... And after that, heard from my friend that there's lots of gays in Cali. Hence, never went there after my 1st try... =)

User avatar
Dounut
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat, 06 Aug 2005
Contact:

Postby Dounut » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 2:03 am

porridge0000 wrote:I don't dare to attend Cali gym... Went there once with a few friends of mine... And bounce into some gays... kinda awkward though... hehe... And after that, heard from my friend that there's lots of gays in Cali. Hence, never went there after my 1st try... =)


I never encounter this problem :twisted:

User avatar
pixfirewall
Regular
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue, 29 Apr 2008

Postby pixfirewall » Sat, 31 Jan 2009 3:20 am

Go to Fitness First..much better..more clubs to choose to workout. Very nice facilities and they have a swimming pool at OUB, One George, Capital Tower and at Bouna Vista.
pixfirewall
IM & email: dccruzjr@msn.com


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Entertainment, Leisure & Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest