Reliable part-time maid agencies

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Reliable part-time maid agencies

Post by Blue Sapphire » Sat, 03 Jan 2009 2:24 pm

Can anyone recommend an agency that supplies part-time maids. I want one that will always see that someone comes to your place.

I have a PT that comes over 2x a week that I got from Domestic One. But after they supply you with a maid, their job is done and they wash their hands off after. Therefore if my maid doesnt turn up for whatever reason e.g. sick or dont feel like coming for a week then I'm left with abit of a disaster.

Recommendations from anyone that has used this system would be appreciated.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 10

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 03 Jan 2009 6:13 pm

Check my links page.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blue Sapphire » Mon, 05 Jan 2009 2:06 am

Thanks SMS, extremely useful list of cleaning services websites. Looks like I've found what I've looking for.

Never realised there are cleaners that can do the job in only 1-2 hour! Will try them out.

Now all I have to do is fire my pt maid that never shows up...hmm.

cloudss81

Part-Time Maid

Post by cloudss81 » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:59 am

Hi, i happended to see you post. I had got a maid from DomesticONE, the first maid assigned was injured after working a month for me and i got a replacement maid from them on the next following session. The second maid is doing good and its her 6 months with us.

Blue Sapphire
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Part-Time Maid

Post by Blue Sapphire » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 8:47 am

[quote="cloudss81"]Hi, i happended to see you post. I had got a maid from DomesticONE, the first maid assigned was injured after working a month for me and i got a replacement maid from them on the next following session. The second maid is doing good and its her 6 months with us.[

I'm aware with that sort of replacement which is only for the first year.

What I mean is when the maid gets sick with a flu for a week or has other business she wants to do last minute. Here I am expecting her to arrive and receive a message almost last minute that she can't make it. I end up with a dirty place and having to do it myself while I have other things I need to do instead. It's frustrating.

But from the helpful links I got from SMS I found what I need. Even better agencies that send several cleaners a time to finish clean in 2 hrs. And no matter what someone ALWAYS comes.