Singapore Expats Forum

Dangdut Night Out West

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Rosh

Dangdut Night Out West

Postby Rosh » Wed, 31 Dec 2008 1:09 am

If you are in the Jurong area and would like to try out some Malay-Indonesian dance music here's your chance to do it quite cheaply.

Jurong Springs Community Hall (walking distance from Lakeside mrt) is holding a dangdut dance night from 7 - 10 pm on Saturday 10th January.

Entrace is only $6.00 and you could mingle with local Malays / Indonesians / Indians and get a taste of regional pop music.

Dangdut is extremely popular in Indonesia and its beat is hugely influenced by Indian Bollywood film music.

If you are a fan of World Music you would love this beat.

If you are interested drop me a PM as I'm trying to organise a group.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:16 am

Would recommend others to go and check this out. You will be suprised and get a better appreciation for Malays/Indons. Besides good stuff and lots of fun.
Be Like Water

Rosh

disappointed

Postby Rosh » Mon, 05 Jan 2009 10:39 pm

Bafana wrote:Would recommend others to go and check this out. You will be suprised and get a better appreciation for Malays/Indons. Besides good stuff and lots of fun.

Looks like most people here too brainwashed by western culture with closed minds ... very disappointing .. no takers... so far.

thanks for the post.

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Well

Postby Allibert » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:40 am

insulting people is a very good way of getting people to turn up at your event

DimWit Kid
Chatter
Chatter

Re: disappointed

Postby DimWit Kid » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 12:28 pm

Rosh wrote:
Bafana wrote:Would recommend others to go and check this out. You will be suprised and get a better appreciation for Malays/Indons. Besides good stuff and lots of fun.

Looks like most people here too brainwashed by western culture with closed minds ... very disappointing .. no takers... so far.

thanks for the post.

I agree with Allibert. And if you are Malay or Indonesian that doesn't reflect well for the community as well.

Moreover, I resented your notion that people who don't like Dangdut are brainwashed by western culture. I do not think Dangdut is indigenous Indonesian - and I have to say I don't like it either. It's one of the foreign-influenced music art that I like the least (like you say yourself it is mostly Indian/middle eastern culture influenced).

Give me wayang kulit, wayang orang, or even jaipong and I'll consider coming. Or really, even Reog (if you know what that is).