Singapore Expats Forum

hey anyone organising poker??

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
icestatic

hey anyone organising poker??

Postby icestatic » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 8:39 pm

hi looking for a game of texas hold em poker. anyone organising ??? maybe anyone interested of it can just pm me as well and leave your name and contact number and i'll try to organize it. :D :D :D

Krissingap

Re: hey anyone organising poker??

Postby Krissingap » Mon, 02 Feb 2009 9:34 pm

Hi!

My name is Christophe, I live on the East Coast and I am interested in playing Texas Holden in the evening, maybe once a week...
I know two other friends that would be interested so the four of us we could organze something.

Let me know my Email is xxxtof@gmail.com

Talk to you soon

C>

cityslicker_sg

Postby cityslicker_sg » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 4:13 pm

Hi there,

Are you looking for experienced players? I'm an amateur and ppl have been telling me that the best way to learn is to play.

you can email me tantigioia@hotmail.com

cheers!

icestatic wrote:hi looking for a game of texas hold em poker. anyone organising ??? maybe anyone interested of it can just pm me as well and leave your name and contact number and i'll try to organize it. :D :D :D

cityslicker_sg

Postby cityslicker_sg » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 4:23 pm

The Yard (quiet little pub along River Valley; oldest in SG) allows for card games :)

icestatic wrote:hi looking for a game of texas hold em poker. anyone organising ??? maybe anyone interested of it can just pm me as well and leave your name and contact number and i'll try to organize it. :D :D :D

annemarie415

Postby annemarie415 » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 2:10 pm

I'm also interested in playing Texas Hold 'Em. I've only played a few times but love the game & want to get better at it + meet some new people. Let me know if the game is on.

Anne Marie

Dr_H

Postby Dr_H » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 5:34 pm

The Doc (me) wants to play ... $1/$2 .. 200$ buy in NO LIMIT TEXAS HOLD'EM (all the standard rules) .. at the Yard sometime? .. NO RAKE .. BYOB (buy your own beer)..i have about 2-3 other folks showing interest

PLEASE post an email address and i will try to send out emails to get the players together .. if we get around 6 people that will be nice .. R can be reached at rhegde@gmail.com

R
...he has no ambition and no energy. He will not even go out of his way to verify his own solutions, and would rather be considered wrong than take the trouble to prove himself right........

alv

poker game

Postby alv » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 1:58 am

Hey guys i have a game going on at my place in bukit timah every week. Its a friendly game between my group of friends. Its a 1/2 game with normal buy in of about 200 but we're all just out to have some fun. We have about 8-9 players every poker session. Feel free to join us for some games if u are interested.

U can contact me at my email. balonglongman@hotmail.com. I will not post my handphone number here as I do not want the poker games to be freely available to the public (to keep it friendly).

:)

MikeyJ110

Poker

Postby MikeyJ110 » Tue, 29 Sep 2009 8:33 am

I also would love to get in on some poker action. I just moved here.

michael.julian.iii@gmail.com
or maj11087@hotmail.com

Doc, let me know about that game?

Mayhem7400

Postby Mayhem7400 » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:23 pm

Would love to join in the fun. Contact me if u guys need to fill up the table.

Cheers

slupen

Postby slupen » Wed, 14 Oct 2009 4:08 pm

Love poker!

Let me know, I am defo in.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Oct 2009 5:10 pm

As you all are organizing in a public place, be sure you all have a gaming license. I don't know if you need one or not, but I do know they bust other types of gaming in private apartments regularly especially along Balistier Road. Famous for the makeshift Majong parlours. Gambling is gambling and to do so for money (any amount) requires a license, so you have been warned.

sandiegon

Postby sandiegon » Wed, 14 Oct 2009 7:39 pm

I am in. Let me know where do you guys play

alv

Who's on for poker night on Sat 17 Oct

Postby alv » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:00 am

Hello people

So far i've received emails from AngelChua, Cityslicker, Mikejulian, and ErikHakans. Right now 6 people are confirmed for the game (including me and 2 of my friends). The blinds will be 1/2 unless we have any strong objections.

I'll try to host the game in my friend's place, as he has a poker table for ten people. This venue is a private residence and the poker session is not extended to the public, so there shouldnt be any problem with the law.

This could also be a gathering of sorts, so u can bring your partner/friends along. We could have pizza/beer/snacks, expenses will be split among those interested. There will also be a dealer available, which i'm not paying him/her for, but hopefully gets a tip when u win big pots :)

Interested parties please confirm your attendance and time (game can be started at 4pm onwards) on this thread, or email me directly, then i'll update the thread, and pass u my handphone number.

Cheers
Alvin

alv

Postby alv » Sun, 18 Oct 2009 4:04 am

thanks to all those who attended. may we have another poker session soon .

londonandy28

Postby londonandy28 » Fri, 30 Oct 2009 2:30 pm

Are you guys still meeting up for poker? I am keen to play if you are.

Be interested to know when the next one is if possible.

Cheers

Andy