Singapore Expats Forum

One Angmo stole my wife's handbag inn Vivocity.....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Equalizer

One Angmo stole my wife's handbag inn Vivocity.....

Postby Equalizer » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 4:50 pm

we were dining in the open space near the river ..with my 2 kids ... 3 years and 5 years...

one Angmo guy just passed by us ... saw my wife hand bag in my son pram... again he passed by and messed up our table with some brown color liquid.... to divert us then suddenly disappear with my wife hand bag... lost camera , cell phone , IC, cash ...

now it will take 1 month to get new IC plus 100 $ .. lost 400 $ camera ...

and 200 $ phone ... and 100 $ hand bag .... very very expensive dinner

:mad: :shit: ](*,) [-X [-X

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 5:24 pm

Low crime does not mean no crime.

If thieves wondered around in a black and white shirt, raccoon like mask and a bag with swag written on it, they would soon be caught The best thieves dont look like one.

Time to read the small print on the household insurance.
Last edited by QRM on Sun, 21 Dec 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby skye » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 5:44 pm

That sucks! Unfortunately professional thieves come in all shapes and sizes, look perfectly respectable and often work in pairs - one to distract you while the other does the deed. Did you look around the area afterwards and report it to mall security and police? Professional thieves, versus an opportunist, usually get rid of the bag very fast and just take your cash, sometimes phone and cards. You might get the IC and other personal stuff back if you're lucky - when something similar happened to my other half, thieves took laptop but dumped the bag in a toilet bin - bag also contained substantial amount of cash and phone which, thankfully, they missed and was found and returned by cleaning staff.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 2:40 pm

Ang Moh = bad . . .

Pathetic post . . . get a life.

'nuff said Image

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 4:14 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Ang Moh = bad . . .

Isn't that self-evident? :P

Equalizer, you mean you SAW the guy eyeing your wife's handbag the first time he walked by, and did nothing about it? That's a double mistake - to leave it in plain sight and easy reach in the first place, then ignore a warning sign. I'm sorry about the inconvenience caused but really...

Any woman worth her handbag would know to loop the strap around her arm in a public place, secure it on her lap under the table while eating, hide it from sight in an obscure unreachable corner, or grip it under her armpit (not my style but I've noticed it being done and it works - who in his right mind would want to steal from there?!)

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 8:08 pm

In the UK they have special secure handbag clips fitted to the underside of bars and tables.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:25 pm

in the UK - full of ang mo, so i think you need more than a clip to secure handbags. :wink: :P

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 7:43 am

durain wrote:in the UK - full of ang mo, so i think you need more than a clip to secure handbags. :wink: :P

Good one! :lol:

danialgoh
Regular
Regular

Postby danialgoh » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 1:45 am

He suddenly disappeared? Did he run, walk away or vanish?

POOLECJ

Angmo

Postby POOLECJ » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 5:36 pm

They probably have pictures of all the Angmo's down at the police station. could probably go down there and finger him

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 8:09 pm

danialgoh wrote:He suddenly disappeared? Did he run, walk away or vanish?

what do you expect the answer to be? and is there anyway you can help the OP if they provide the answer? :roll:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Re: Angmo

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 9:01 pm

POOLECJ wrote:They probably have pictures of all the Angmo's down at the police station. could probably go down there and finger him

:lol:

Probably closer to truth than you think... :o

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Re: Angmo

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:37 pm

POOLECJ wrote:They probably have pictures of all the Angmo's down at the police station. could probably go down there and finger him

I'm not sure that fingering strangers in front of the police is a good idea - actions like this should be done in the privacy of a sleazy hotel

'nuff said Image

IdealD

Shocking

Postby IdealD » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 12:39 pm

Oh my goodness! Sorry about the theft. Guys like that give us angmohs a bad name.

Thanks for the advice on how to be more security conscious!

The guy was probably a tourist....I'd hate to think it was an expat working here...

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Re: Shocking

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 8:12 pm

IdealD wrote:Oh my goodness! Sorry about the theft. Guys like that give us angmohs a bad name.

Thanks for the advice on how to be more security conscious!

The guy was probably a tourist....I'd hate to think it was an expat working here...

You're shitting us, aren't you?

Give 'us' a bad name? Good grief, get a grip.

If the US army killing thousands in Iraq or Ausralia's treatment of the Aborigenes or any number of major issues isn't already doing that then I think one whitey nicking, supposedly, something is fairly low on the pecking order.

'nuff said Image