Singapore Expats

hair rebonding recommendation?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
amiee40
Chatter
Chatter

Post by amiee40 » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:10 pm

oh you washed your hair so soon?? thought the rule was no washing for 3 days...

i am from melbourne but lived in canberra and darwin for a years...

amiee40
Chatter
Chatter

Post by amiee40 » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:11 pm

opps... posted it twice..

mummybee

Post by mummybee » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:18 pm

Yes, that is what Angie told me! said today's chemicals allow washing even the same night. Actually my HK stylist said the same to me. Well, it is too late!?!!!!! maybe that is why my hair started to do this flyaway thingi??

Are you going there for perm soon? I will go sometime in january to do second treatment, in time for chinese new year. : )

amiee40
Chatter
Chatter

Post by amiee40 » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 1:47 pm

Thats great then.. otherwise not washing your hair for 3 days is abit gross esp in this weather..

I am still undecided at the momemt whether to re-bond, highlights or perm. I know if i do the perm, i'll regret it later and then go for re-bond. I have done that a few times. During my pregnancy, i didn't do anything too drastic to my hair, so its relatively heathly and i don't want ruin it now.

My hair is not important to me at the moment. Trying to figure out my 5mths still has cradle cap.... and it keeps on coming back

mummybee

Post by mummybee » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 3:52 pm

Amiee, pls check your private message...

mummybee

Post by mummybee » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 7:54 pm

It has only been one week since I re-bonded my hair but the ends are already starting to curl back out again, and quite a lot of flyaways as well. Sigh...

I called Angie and she indicated I should return to do touch-up rebonding. Hence my questions:

(1) Would doing a second rebonding in such a short time dry up my hair even more, especially since it would be the dry ends that Angie need to re-do again? She said it wouldn't but what do you think?

(2) Should I leave and cut off the ends instead in a few months time?

I would appreciate to hear from especially those who had similar experience of having to re-bond their hair after a not-so-happy job?

Many thanks.

baybiblu

Post by baybiblu » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 4:46 am

mummybee wrote:Yes, that is what Angie told me! said today's chemicals allow washing even the same night. Actually my HK stylist said the same to me. Well, it is too late!?!!!!! maybe that is why my hair started to do this flyaway thingi??

Are you going there for perm soon? I will go sometime in january to do second treatment, in time for chinese new year. : )
My stylist also told me not to wash my hair for 3 days claming that it would cause the hair to be lose its straightness and that newly rebonded hair is very weak and can be easily damaged from washing so soon... I washed it on the 2nd day cause my hair felt kind of dirty by then and fortunately didn't experience any problems so maybe today's chemicals have improved :)

Its been about 10 months since my rebonding and my hair has changed from pencil straight to having a slight natural wave which I'm ok with. However, the roots of my hair seems quite frizzled and my hair has lost the silky texture & shine and also seems much more brittle nowadays (keeps breaking off when I shampoo or dry my hair).

Has anyone experienced this problem after rebonding their virgin hair (I've only rebonded my hair once so far)?

Yesterday, my stylist recommended a treatment for me (I think its called water/ice treatment) and it has helped removed some of the frizziness and also restored a bit of the silky texture & shine and straightness (although its nothing close to the nice effect after rebonding).

Does anyone know how often we can rebond our hair? My stylist told me to do it at most once a year only but I kind of miss the straightness and silky, shiny effect and was thinking of getting it done once more by another stylist. :P
Why do I have to be the ugly duckling???

Tracie

Post by Tracie » Sat, 03 Jan 2009 10:37 pm

baybiblu wrote:
mummybee wrote:Yes, that is what Angie told me! said today's chemicals allow washing even the same night. Actually my HK stylist said the same to me. Well, it is too late!?!!!!! maybe that is why my hair started to do this flyaway thingi??

My stylist also told me not to wash my hair for 3 days claming that it would cause the hair to be lose its straightness and that newly rebonded hair is very weak and can be easily damaged from washing so soon... I washed it on the 2nd day cause my hair felt kind of dirty by then and fortunately didn't experience any problems so maybe today's chemicals have improved :)

Its been about 10 months since my rebonding and my hair has changed from pencil straight to having a slight natural wave which I'm ok with. However, the roots of my hair seems quite frizzled and my hair has lost the silky texture & shine and also seems much more brittle nowadays (keeps breaking off when I shampoo or dry my hair).

Has anyone experienced this problem after rebonding their virgin hair (I've only rebonded my hair once so far)?

Yesterday, my stylist recommended a treatment for me (I think its called water/ice treatment) and it has helped removed some of the frizziness and also restored a bit of the silky texture & shine and straightness (although its nothing close to the nice effect after rebonding).

Does anyone know how often we can rebond our hair? My stylist told me to do it at most once a year only but I kind of miss the straightness and silky, shiny effect and was thinking of getting it done once more by another stylist. :P
My stylist told me the least time to your next rebonding should be not less than 6 months. Frequent chemical treatments to your hair will damage the quality of it.. badly. :shock:
Smile. It's easier than explaining why you're sad :)

bloodystilettos

hair rebonding

Post by bloodystilettos » Fri, 01 Jan 2010 9:03 pm

Hi all, I'm new here but very interested in getting my hair rebonded. I found this thread to be the most current and helpful about hair rebonding.

dimensionspectrum, do you mind if I get the auntie's number?

mummybee, would it also be ok to ask for angie's number? i tried to call the shop but no one was picking up.

thanks a bunch :)

bloodystilettos

and...

Post by bloodystilettos » Fri, 01 Jan 2010 9:05 pm

or if anyone else has hair rebonding recommendations i'd be glad to hear about it. THanks.

kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 2:56 pm

My experience with rebonding has been terrible in Singapore. I have tried different salons and all the same. Keratin treatment seems to be better, unsure if anyone has tried that here locally? I know there are a couple of spots that do them ...Anyone?