Singapore Expats Forum

business or public relation???

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

kristalino

business or public relation???

Postby kristalino » Tue, 28 Sep 2004 5:37 pm

hi everyone out there...there is sth i have been wondering about for almost one year...therefore i do really hope that someone or even more can help me out of my dilemma...thanks before..

my problem is I am now seeking for a suitable college n major for my study in singapore..i would like to do public relation because i am fond of meeting a lot of new people..before i decide to choose PR major..i did plan to learn about hotel management..however..according to my parents it wont be quite useful in my country..

so..do anyone here know what college in singapore provide a public relation major...(however i hope the cost of the college-fee wont be so costly)..and do u think it is more useful to take business for there are some friends who told me..we can get job in PR job-field if we have a business degree..so it is not necessary to learn hard to get the PR degree...

I am really in a haze now..and i hope there is someone who can help me out...THANKS A LOT

Tate

Postby Tate » Tue, 28 Sep 2004 6:56 pm

1. Which country are you from?

2. Real Public Relations isnt just about "meeting people", its a lot more than that. What are the subjects you enjoyed in school? Are they they same subjects you did very well in?