Singapore Expats Forum

Boyfriend is a Chef looking to move to Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

svanicek

Boyfriend is a Chef looking to move to Singapore

Postby svanicek » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 9:48 am

Hi All,

My Boyfriend who is Australian is currently looking to move to Singapore to join me.

He's a Chef, who has been in the Industry for the last 12 years and has had expereience as a Sous and Head Chef. He cooks fine Italian and French Cusine.

What advice could you give in regards to him moving here. I am a Singapore Citizen so should I sponsor him to be able to stay here, and should he come here to look for a job? Or should he look for one from in Australia?

And does anyone know whether Chefs are in demand here? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

og

Postby og » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 6:12 pm

yes, chefs are in high demand.... several hotels are being built at the moment and with the abundance of experience your bf have, i don't think it will be hard for him to get employment. Try websites for hotels in Sentosa/Singapore or Marina Bay Sands... Apply online from Australia but if selected, usually, he will need to come to singapore on his own expenses to go for the interview.