Singapore Expats Forum

Visa to visit Indonesia?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

babyplush

Visa to visit Indonesia?

Postby babyplush » Mon, 08 Dec 2008 7:55 pm

Can anyone tell me whether you require visas for entering into Indonesia from Singapore. We are australian citizens living in Singa.

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Mon, 08 Dec 2008 8:16 pm

yes - you can buy a "visa on arrival" at the airport in indonesia. it's all very easy when you disembark - you'll see signs pointing you where to go.

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pakjohn » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 8:19 am

The price is 10 dollars US per person. We generally take a ten dollar USD bill for each person to keep it simple.
Pakjohn

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 11:32 am

US$10 is for 7 days, US$25 for 30 days.

sillingw
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sillingw » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 4:17 pm

You can pay in SG$ but they will charge you 18, also I hate that they take a full page for the visa and another 1/2 page for the stamps

SmartDude

Postby SmartDude » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:24 pm

does the USD 10 applies to all nationalities who are willing to visit Indonesia or just for the Australians ?

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:30 pm

Australians are not THAT special that rules only apply to them :roll:

skye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby skye » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 5:47 pm

Not all nationalities can get visas on arrival, although aussies are OK. It may have changed now, but I know my friend's Irish husband found at the last minute that while his wife and children with UK passports had no problem , he needed to apply in advance and couldn't get a visa in time for his planned family weekend in Bintan. Best to check on an Indonesian immigration website before you book.

skye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby skye » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 5:59 pm

Just had a quick look at the Bintan Ferry Resorts website which has a useful link in the FAQ section. Looks like most of the nationalities left off the visa on arrival list when they were introduced a few years ago have made it on now. And most ASEAN passport holders don't need a visa at all.

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 9:16 am

The current list of countries that can get VOA are on the embassy website at

http://www.kbrisingapura.com/immigratio ... p?lang=eng

or visa free at

http://www.kbrisingapura.com/immigratio ... p?lang=eng

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Addadude » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 3:44 pm

skye wrote: my friend's Irish husband found at the last minute that while his wife and children with UK passports had no problem , he needed to apply in advance and couldn't get a visa in time for his planned family weekend in Bintan.

When was that? I'm about as Irish as you can get and whenever I've travelled to Indonesia I just paid by 10 bucks and got my visa on arrival. And Ireland IS on the list of countries tat can get visas on arrival.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ProvenPracticalFlexible » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 5:26 pm

Addadude wrote:
skye wrote: my friend's Irish husband found at the last minute that while his wife and children with UK passports had no problem , he needed to apply in advance and couldn't get a visa in time for his planned family weekend in Bintan.

When was that? I'm about as Irish as you can get and whenever I've travelled to Indonesia I just paid by 10 bucks and got my visa on arrival. And Ireland IS on the list of countries tat can get visas on arrival.

Most of the Western countries where approved for VOA already 2004, but Irish along 10 other nationalities got the VOA approval 2005. Even after that Swedes and Dutch needed to apply a visa in advance. My 1st time I ever visited Indonesia I traveled with a Swede, and I checked for myself and assumed all scandies are the same, but surprise he had to take a flight back from Jakarta. There was some diplomatic crisis because of the ACEH freedom movement.

actual article with the list of countries in each "wave": http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news05/176-Visa.shtml