Singapore Expats

Contamination of the Flying Kangaroo

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ozchick
Editor
Editor

Contamination of the Flying Kangaroo

Post by ozchick » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 7:43 pm

Well yeah the rooster reckons that merging British Airways and Qantas would be a good thing..mm well ya know what I reckon?!
You pommie buggers keep your hands off the world's SAFEST AIRLINE!
Far be it for the Ozchick to say nothing when the Oz carrier's record could fall the way of the other lesser-class carriers!
:cool:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 8:00 pm

QANTarse is a second-tier airline in all but name, ozchick.

Let's not delude ourselves and let the heart-wrenching 'I still call Australia home' (My eldest daughter was in one of the kids in the tv ads!!!!) ads make us believe that jingoism is the best way to cover up the inadequacies of a mediocre airline with crap service and shitty lounges.

BA: Take it, along with its inept management.

Bring back Ansett. Truly the best International carrier by far . . . and the best C-Class bar NONE!!!!!

Ah . . .rant over.

'nuff said Image

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Contamination of the Flying Kangaroo

Post by Plavt » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 8:02 pm

ozchick wrote: You pommie buggers keep your hands off the world's SAFEST AIRLINE!
Far be it for the Ozchick to say nothing when the Oz carrier's record could fall the way of the other lesser-class carriers!
Excuse me but British Airways have good safety record only one serious incident since the seventies whereas Qantas have had more so :tongue: :tongue: :boxing:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 8:04 pm

Vaucluse wrote: BA: Take it, along with its inept management.

Well umm yes..............that's what too often gets overlooked.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 03 Dec 2008 8:11 pm

:D I actually meant the inept QANTAS management but BA are pretty miserable as well.

Ansett International!

(I still had close to 1 million frequent flyer miles when they were brought down by Air New-Friggin-Zealand)

'nuff said Image

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 10:51 am

Qantas is a good airline, just need t exchange their hostess with Singapore/Thailand/Malaysia airlines and they would be number one.

BA service is very low rate.
Be Like Water

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Re: Contamination of the Flying Kangaroo

Post by ozchick » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 12:39 pm

Plavt wrote:
ozchick wrote: You pommie buggers keep your hands off the world's SAFEST AIRLINE!
Excuse me but British Airways have good safety record only one serious incident since the seventies whereas Qantas have had more so :tongue: :tongue: :boxing:
"I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!"
(SIXTH SENSE)
:P
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Qantarse just gets better and better

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 10:16 pm

Fake Qantas engineer gives reference from Bill Heffernan

A SELF-confessed pathological liar who faked qualifications to become a Qantas maintenance worker has handed to court a reference purportedly from Liberal Senator Bill Heffernan.

The reference was produced in court today after it was found Timothy Leslie McCormack's four previous references were bogus, The Daily Telegraph reports.
McCormack posed as a licensed aircraft engineer for almost nine months before his ruse was discovered in July 2007.

He had personally conducted or signed off on dozens of maintenance checks on Qantas planes.

In September he pleaded guilty to 42 charges including forging a maintenance engineers' licence.
Today in the New South Wales District Court, McCormack's defence lawyers tendered the Heffernan reference without discussing its contents and without explaining the 27-year-old's connection to the Liberal senator.

Senator Heffernan could not immediately be contacted to confirm he gave the reference.
Crown prosecutor Paul MacGuire objected to part of the reference, saying Senator Heffernan had inappropriately "expressed medical opinion".
Judge Mark Marien SC said he would determine how much weight he would give to the senator's opinion.

The court also heard from a clinical psychologist who told how McCormack's mountain of lies began after the breakdown of his relationship, separating him from his young daughter.

Fake Qantas engineer gives reference from Bill Heffernan | National News | News.com.au

'nuff said Image

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 8:00 pm

Bafana wrote:BA service is very low rate.
I haven't flown BA, but I would easily say that about Qantas! Flew them quite often between Melbourne and LA with little ones and found the service very lacking compared with other airlines doing the same route.

We had 13 years with Ansett. That was a very sad day.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:41 pm

Matney wrote:
I haven't flown BA, but I would easily say that about Qantas! Flew them quite often between Melbourne and LA with little ones and found the service very lacking compared with other airlines doing the same route.

Agreed . . . and:

Ansett International!!!!!

'nuff said Image

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Sat, 06 Dec 2008 10:08 am

Matney wrote:

From my experience Qantas service whilst not the best on the planet is still higher than BA. Both need to improve.
Be Like Water