Singapore Expats

Is it possible to get housesitters here?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
anitabatho

Is it possible to get housesitters here?

Post by anitabatho » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 9:45 pm

Hi - I posted a few days ago about finding somewhere to keep my elderly dog while we're away over Christmas and the more I think about it the more I think she will be so much happier in her own enviroment. So I'm thinking housesitter but I'm not sure if (or how) that is done here in Singapore? Anyone have any idea how I can go about finding someone that would be willing to come live in my house for 3 weeks. Of course there's the whole trust thing too so not sure how to go about this?
We only moved here a few weeks ago hence me not knowing anyone to ask so thought I'd just throw the idea out there in case anyone has any ideas.
Thanks.

positano
Regular
Regular

Post by positano » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 9:55 pm

hi anitabatho,

i don't know about housesitters but we've tried a petsitter who visited our dog once a day and we've also tried a pet hotel. our dog was quite social so we felt that both options we tried didn't really meet his needs.

i have an alternate suggestion to housesitting for you to consider. our vet suggested to us for future reference, that he could recommend a full-time petsitter where your dog stays at the petsitters home. i think the petsitter has his own dogs and looks after other dogs too so your dog won't feel alone. i haven't used this full-time petsitter yet and i don't know if his services are still available but you can contact the veterinary clinic to find out more.

Animal Recovery Centre at Greendale Court. Tel 6463 7100.

positano
Regular
Regular

Post by positano » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 9:59 pm

http://www.pets.com.sg/

this website may help too

anitabatho

Post by anitabatho » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:39 pm

Hi - thanks so much for your reply - our dog too is used to having people around so your vet's suggestion sounds like a good one. will definitely look into it.
thanks.

Leone and John
Regular
Regular

Post by Leone and John » Mon, 01 Dec 2008 7:07 am

a friend of mine just contacted me to let me know of this posting.....

we use house sitters all the time and have done so for the past 10 years. Best way for all concerned. At no cost to you, house sitters come in and take care of your animals and home while you are away!

In particular the animals are happy as they stay in their own home environment and are less stressed.

There are two websites that I choose my sitters thru. One is MindMyHouse and the other is HouseCarers. You can google them as I cannot place URLs here as they may be considered advertising.

But email me privately so I can explain how we go about it.

We use house sitters about once a month and then over Christmas and Easter periods. "Our Boys" are happy and so are we!!!

leonefabre (AT) gmail (DOT) com
Leone + John Fabre
[ Singapore ]