Singapore Expats Forum

Warning to all... I was personally cheated...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

bigfaced

Warning to all... I was personally cheated...

Postby bigfaced » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 5:01 pm

Hi...

Juz to share this misfortune inceident tt juz happened to me...

I was in the mid of renovatin my house... wanted nicer basins tt my contractor couldn't supply. so i ended up lookin for the basins. i came across a website which claimed to hav free delivery, no gst, and 5 Days Money Back Guarantee Upon Delivery, NO QUESTION ASK!

I ordered 2 sets of glass basins which costed a total of 650bucks... I ordered on 16th Oct 2008. I even went to their miserably small showroom to clarify my doubts. On the spot, the salesman assured me that i will be gettin the basins in 4weeks time. In the end, they dragged and delayed till 27th Nov. Now my contractor had already finished with all the renov and i had to pay more to ask them to make a 2nd trip back juz to install my basins... I made alot of phone calls to this company and they juz said tt there's nothin they can do and we can't cancel our orders with full refund.

Besides tt, the scheduled delivery time was supposed to be 5-6pm. but the deliverymen came at 6.50pm. I was supposed to report to work at 7pm. I was so rushed for time tt i had no time to open up the basin sets thoroughly to check. and, the deliverymen did not offer to do so either. i got home this mornin and double-checked the basins. i found a chipped off portion at the end of the glass top.

I called the company back immediately. What they answered me was "IT'S YOUR OBLIGATION TO REQUEST FOR FULL ITEM CHECK!", " COME ON, WE PROVIDE FREE DELIVERY, YOU CAN'T EXPECT US TO BE THAT PUNCTUAL.", "ALL OUR ITEMS ARE ON PROMO,WHICH MEANS NO 5-DAY MONEY BACK.", "OUR DELIVERYMEN SAID THAT THEY HAD OPENED UP THE ITEMS FULLY TO LET YOU CHECK!"
Thay even claimed that it's our fault and that we broke it ourselves.

I'm really pissed off by this company and i've decided to lodge a complaint tp CASE. Juz to share my experience with u... i'll nv trust online companies again...

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Warning to all... I was personally cheated...

Postby Plavt » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 6:01 pm

bigfaced wrote:i had no time to open up the basin sets thoroughly to check.

:(

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 6:04 pm

sounds to me like you neglected to do you part. Can't blame them for your laziness. A simple phone call to you employer to tell them that you would be a little late would have been all that it would have taken. Now, because you have not followed the company's policy, you are left holding the bag. So the way I see it is the company is a bad company as it cannot produce when it says it can and the buyer is a bad buyer because you didn't inspect the good on delivery and now are trying to claim damages.

Does that sound about right? :-|

Min_Ong

Postby Min_Ong » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:34 am

you should have called to reschedule the delivery since they past 5pm. call and just insist that you have to go, and request to have them to send it the next day.

sorry about your bad experience.

bring your husband (if you're the lady) and another big guy friend and bring it down to the show room again. just have the 2 big guys behind to insist you want a change. if they still dont barge, let them know you filed to Case and offer to withdraw it if they change. go in the spirit of argument (and challenge!) and dont stress yourself.

sweetchocs

Postby sweetchocs » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 9:23 pm

sorry to hear about that! I must say some contractors here can be quite dishonest. So b4 they start, must ask clarify as much as possible. Don't be too upset, treat it as a lesson learnt.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 10:01 pm

sweetchocs wrote:sorry to hear about that! I must say some contractors here can be quite dishonest. So b4 they start, must ask clarify as much as possible. Don't be too upset, treat it as a lesson learnt.

sweetchocs, did you even bother to actually read the OP's first post? It's not the contractors she had a problem with. :roll: :???:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 2:27 pm

sweetchocs wrote: must ask clarify as much as possible.

Indeed, like reading the OP correctly . . . (darn, SMS beat me to it)

'nuff said Image