Singapore Expats

Playdates for children of working parents-hosted by helper

Need a playdate for your child? Look no further but here.
gonzales
Regular
Regular

Playdates for children of working parents-hosted by helper

Post by gonzales » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 2:02 pm

Hi all,

Our Situation:
We are both working parents with a 13 month old boy living in the Bukit Batok east / Jurong East, our son is at home all day with our Helper with little or no interaction with others his own age, we do take him to groups on the weekend but feel the week could be more stimulating for him.

The Proposal:
Make contact with parents in similar situations & organise a weekly or twice wekly playdate for our kids, the Helper would need to be able to take your chuild to & from the playdate location so the location should be on bus or MRT's routes.

Nothing complicated, simply meet at a predefined location & time & let the kids play together. I am thinking of public playgrounds or playgrounds in shopping centres - open to other suggestion once contact is made.

Have a think about it & let me know if you are interested or if you know other working parents who might be interested. You don't strictly have to live in the exact area as a bus trip is in itself a little adventure for kids.

For security, please do not post potential locations, dates , times, personal details on this site, lets discuss them privately once we make contact.

regards,
Gonzales.

gonzales
Regular
Regular

Post by gonzales » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:33 pm

bump

sillingw
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sillingw » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:42 pm

we are in a similar situation, also live out west (West coast park) and would be interested, both my wife and I have flexibility to work from home some days per week. We do have a couple of play tutors that come around on a saturdey for my older one and some of his freinds (5 year olds) and I was looking for something similar for my younger one during the week, you should also think about hosting at home if you have the space - we would be willing as we have a landed property and a garden. We are definitley interested

gonzales
Regular
Regular

Post by gonzales » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 1:57 pm

Great, I PM'd you just now.

fengye

Post by fengye » Wed, 04 Mar 2009 12:24 pm

Hi,

We are keen to join, due to systerm restriction, I could not send you a PM, please kindly drop me an email at [email protected], thanks!

bward

Re: Playdates for children of working parents-hosted by help

Post by bward » Sun, 08 Mar 2009 3:42 pm

gonzales wrote:Hi all,

Our Situation:
We are both working parents with a 13 month old boy living in the Bukit Batok east / Jurong East, our son is at home all day with our Helper with little or no interaction with others his own age, we do take him to groups on the weekend but feel the week could be more stimulating for him.

The Proposal:
Make contact with parents in similar situations & organise a weekly or twice wekly playdate for our kids, the Helper would need to be able to take your chuild to & from the playdate location so the location should be on bus or MRT's routes.

Nothing complicated, simply meet at a predefined location & time & let the kids play together. I am thinking of public playgrounds or playgrounds in shopping centres - open to other suggestion once contact is made.

Have a think about it & let me know if you are interested or if you know other working parents who might be interested. You don't strictly have to live in the exact area as a bus trip is in itself a little adventure for kids.

For security, please do not post potential locations, dates , times, personal details on this site, lets discuss them privately once we make contact.

regards,
Gonzales.
Hi hi :D

Rosemount Kindergarten hosts a fantastic little Playgroup. Myself and my little ones make a regular appearance every Wednesday and Thursday morning. They organise a buch of activities so it never gets dull. Heaps of bubs and heps of fun. just a short walk from Siglap center.

Happy trails

gonzales
Regular
Regular

Post by gonzales » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 3:13 pm

bumped to see if there are any more takers.