Singapore Expats Forum

new girl in town is looking for other ladies to hang out!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Myriam

new girl in town is looking for other ladies to hang out!

Postby Myriam » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 8:40 am

Hello girls

I am a German expat who has lived in Canada for the last 6 years, and I just arrived in Singapore last week. I am here to open an office for my company, but as I am the only employee at the moment, I need some other ways to meet people.

I am 30 years old, single, and full of energy (most of the time), and I love traveling, animals, and so on and forth.
I am looking for other ladies who are new or not so new in town and who would like to meet for coffee, walks, maybe sports, whatever.

You can reach me under diamond_dog_lilly@yahoo.com.

Talk to you soon! :)

Myriam

diana13

Postby diana13 » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:14 am

Hi, welcome to Singapore. We arrived here 3 months ago. I am from Holland and my Husband is from Germany. If you would like to join us, me and a few other women will go out for dinner and drinks on monday the 1st of Dec. It will start at 8pm, but you can join in later as well. It's a mixed group and all around 30. Hope to see you,
Diana

joslinsui

hi

Postby joslinsui » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:26 pm

hi that sounds great, is the invitation open to anyone?

diana13

Postby diana13 » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:20 pm

Hi, actually yes, but could you tell a bit about yourself?
CU Diana

Melasony

Re: new girl in town is looking for other ladies to hang out

Postby Melasony » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:50 pm

Myriam wrote:Hello girls

I am a German expat who has lived in Canada for the last 6 years, and I just arrived in Singapore last week. I am here to open an office for my company, but as I am the only employee at the moment, I need some other ways to meet people.

I am 30 years old, single, and full of energy (most of the time), and I love traveling, animals, and so on and forth.
I am looking for other ladies who are new or not so new in town and who would like to meet for coffee, walks, maybe sports, whatever.

You can reach me under diamond_dog_lilly@yahoo.com.

Talk to you soon! :)

Myriam

hey,

welcome to singapore and the extreme heat! :)
If you want someone to show you around Singapore, well, I wouldn't say that I'm very knowledgeable about this place but pretty decent enough to not get lost.

after all, being here for too long usually equates to you getting caught up with studies/work life that you're no longer really updated with the new things that singapore has to offer, so I wouldn't mind being a " born again " singapore tourist if you want someone to accompany you exploring! or coffee/drinks. feel free to drop me an email at

melasony@live.com

cheers,
Stephanie

Myriam

Postby Myriam » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 8:39 am

Hey Diana

That sounds great, I would love to join the ladies.
I will be moving into my apartment that day, but I can take a break moving in in the evening.

Could you let me know where you will be meeting?

See you soon!

Myriam

joslinsui

hi

Postby joslinsui » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:31 pm

hi my name is stefanie...im 30 and just moved to singapore with my partner....

so just want make more friends.

stefanie

diana13

Postby diana13 » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 1:24 pm

Hello

JUst send me your email on pm and I will give you the details of where we meet and what time. So far, we're with 7 women...so please join for some laughs!!!

Diana

3g

hello!

Postby 3g » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 8:28 pm

Hi girls!
can i join too? i would love to meet new people. it's not easy being away form home :(
you girls have facebook?
would really appreciate it if you could pm me for meet-ups :)

diana13

Postby diana13 » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:09 pm

Hello

Offcourse you can join in. We're still not sure where we will meet, but I'll send you the details as soon as I know them. Can you say something about yourself, so we know, who we're going to meet?

CU Diana

annmarie28

Greetings

Postby annmarie28 » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:24 am

hey!

I have been in spore for 8mths...I'm malaysian. Will need to widen my social circle as well or might just succumb to boredom ;) It takes bit of effort and reckon this as a stepping stone!
I should b able to meet up af work if you'll dont mind me joining in.

Cheers!
anne

3g

Postby 3g » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 1:20 am

I am Flip (Filipino) and I have been here for.. wow a little over a year. I must say I am surprised that I have been here that long! Sometimes it feels like it was only yesterday when I first came here. :shock:

Anyway.

I am single. I am 28. I love to cook, loooooove to sing, love the outdoors, love movies. Back in the Philippines I used to go snorkeling with my friends almost every weekend but there isn't a nice beach here in Singapore where you can do that! :(

I have a circle of friends here in Singapore, but I am always interested in meeting new people for friendship and for just basically meeting up and hanging out and doing fun things together! :D

Myriam

Postby Myriam » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 11:12 am

Hello Diana

The PM does not work for me as I have not posted enough yet. Could you send me an email to diamond_dog_lilly@yahoo.com?
It is my email I use for forums etc.

Hope to hear from you!

Myriam

mjw10

Postby mjw10 » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Myriam,

I'm an Aussie who has been living in Canada for ten years and came to Sg recently as well. Am into being active, traveling and getting outside. If you'd like to get together then just drop me an email, mjwhite@gmail.com

Welcome to Singapore - the safe haven from the Canadian winter!

Ashkeong

Postby Ashkeong » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:29 pm

Hi guys and ladies,

Can Singaporean join to met up for dinner or coffee as well?

brdgs
ash