Singapore Expats Forum

Where is the quiz thread?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Where is the quiz thread?

Postby ozchick » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 4:50 pm

I 'searched' for it, found it, responded to it, but it's not showing up here in General Discussions...think I better go have my nanna-nap....mm..I'm confuzzed...... :?
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 5:08 pm

It would appear some moderator moved it (twernt me). I was looking for it as well then saw a poll then the thread. De shouldna left a shadow in this thread for a day or two then deleted the shadow.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 5:59 pm

Ah, the mystery of disappearing threads returns...

BTV and Lankan Kid confirmed last Tuesday and on the thread that they were going to be there tomorrow, so I think we can safely count those two.

I'll be there tomorrow but since I know next to nothing about music and movies, I'll bring along someone else who can supply the brains while I provide the beauty. :mrgreen:

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 6:18 pm

Weren't me either....... :-k

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 8:16 pm

OK then. The powers that be are trying to ditch our getting together efforts eh? Ah well, never mindies peoples, I'm gonna book for 10 again right now and we'll see what gives tomorrow night yeah? The rooster and I will be there about 7.15pm. I actually stated this on the thread when I 'found' it today after my search. It accepted it but the thread is still A.W.O.L. So Monsieur Thread stealer, please note this is our new attempt to keep it alive!

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 8:21 pm

Whoever it was should at least have the courtesy to leave a note here to say they'd moved it and where to. Next thing you know they'll start deleting threads the way they did a couple of years back.

For the lost souls still looking for the thread, it's here:
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/su ... tml#364923

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:36 pm

It's been moved to the events, gatherings and making friends :shock:

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:32 pm

It was me - Too much time on my hand right now.

Apologies all round. Just saw another pub quiz thread open up in General Discussion and thought better shift both threads to the proper locale. Should have left a ghost thread but hind sight 20-20.

Better watch out or this Pub Quix thread will be moved as well... :cool:
Be Like Water

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 7:02 am

Bafana, kindly enlighten us - what in your moderator duty requires you to move a thread when there has been no profanity, insults or anything objectionable? Are there guidelines or do you just exercise your moderating powers any way you like?

If the OP or any poster in the thread wanted to make it an events thing, they would have posted it in the events forum. As it is, it wasn't meant to be an events thread - it was a general question that happened to take on a life of its own, and the people who turn up are those who frequent this General Discussions forum, not the Events forum.

In case you don't realise, this is NOT a "come and meet people" event. Meeting people is the bonus, NOT the point. So it is very much NOT like the events threads in the events forum.

Too much power in the hands of those with too little wisdom, I say. Can't the admin or other moderators do something to curb this trigger-happy behaviour?

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 7:24 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:Bafana, kindly enlighten us - what in your moderator duty requires you to move a thread when there has been no profanity, insults or anything objectionable? Are there guidelines or do you just exercise your moderating powers any way you like?

Actually the guidelines I was given do state 'moderators are supposed to move threads to the correct section' but much depends whether or not we are around to see it.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:16 am

Strictly speaking the thread should have been moved day one but it was left where it was as there needs to flexibility in how we apply moderation. After the second non-section related thread went up thought it best to move both to the right section. This is one of the functions of a moderator.

WIMH if you and the others feel such bitterness over this please contact Admin and have me removed. No hard feelings.
Be Like Water

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:05 pm

Guidelines???? Wha??? 8-)

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 2:05 pm

Well this is just SAD. :( That's all. What harm was the thread doing?
If it gets moved to events and gatherings then we end up with people 'in the know' who may not necessarily be the people we normally 'hang with'.
Mm........PLEASE leave this thread here until tomorrow at least. Maybe we just put a new one on each Monday night. Have booked for 10 yeah for tonight.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 3:25 pm

Why is there so much over reaction to this? Look, even if Bafana made a mistake, what's the deal? I have inadvertently deleted a thread. Should I be shot?

Hell, Bafs, move it back.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 5:09 pm

Hi Mate, move it back if you want but it's still not the right place for it. Hero time available :P

For every one else Events, Gatherings related threads will be relocated in the future so do the right thing rather than shit on a person who works 2 or 3 time a day every day of the week to tidy up the joint for free.

Entering sulking mode now - Well slightly irritated mode anyway. Would have to give a damn to really get upset.
Be Like Water