Singapore Expats Forum

visa question

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rgetty

visa question

Postby rgetty » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 7:18 pm

Hello,

I have a visa question. I am in Japan awaiting to hear if I get a visa to teach there. I don't know how the process works. If I am approved I know I have to get a medical exam. Do I have to show any documents? like a degree? Here in Japan you just need a copy my original is back home so I don't have it with me. Do i need to show it when I go for the visa if approved. My employer didn't say anything. I asked but she didn't say anything but she doesn't seem to answer my questions fully. If any one can let me know if I will need that I would appreciate it. I didn't see this question when I searched so I am sorry for any duplicate questions.

Thanks,
Rob

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Re: visa question

Postby blue_thunder » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 4:37 pm

rgetty wrote:Hello,

I have a visa question. I am in Japan awaiting to hear if I get a visa to teach there. I don't know how the process works. If I am approved I know I have to get a medical exam. Do I have to show any documents? like a degree? Here in Japan you just need a copy my original is back home so I don't have it with me. Do i need to show it when I go for the visa if approved. My employer didn't say anything. I asked but she didn't say anything but she doesn't seem to answer my questions fully. If any one can let me know if I will need that I would appreciate it. I didn't see this question when I searched so I am sorry for any duplicate questions.

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob,
Once you get an offer letter from a company in Sg, they would apply for your visa and employment permit.
Your employment pass will be based on your salary and profile.

Say if you are getting 6 K per month and if you would be given a P2 pass.

less than S$3500 - u get a Q1 pass
3500-7500 - u get a P2 pass
above 7500 u get a P1 pass.

Once your visa and pass is approved by Manpower ministry and Immigration control, you would be issued an In principal approval letter .
You can travel to Sg with the above letter and offer letter by the company.
On reaching singapore , you have to submit your passport and a photo to your company.
According to the In principal letter, you may or may not go for a medical checkup.

Once all the above is completed, the Manpower ministry would issue the Employment pass.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 5:27 pm

In addition, you will generally just need copies of required documents such as diplomas. I submitted color copies of my diploma and university transcripts... they wanted to give them back to me as they would not keep originals.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:45 pm

Blue Thunder,

Just a slight correction to your income levels.

Q1 pass is greater than $2500/mo & relevant qualifications
P2 pass is $2500 to $7000 & relevant qualifications.
P1 pass is $7000 up and not relevant qualifications are required.

Employment Passes

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blue_thunder » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 3:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Blue Thunder,

Just a slight correction to your income levels.

Q1 pass is greater than $2500/mo & relevant qualifications
P2 pass is $2500 to $7000 & relevant qualifications.
P1 pass is $7000 up and not relevant qualifications are required.

Employment Passes

OMG...when did they change the range of salaries...lol

jus kidding...i was doubtful abt the range but was lazy to visit to mom site for verification..
anyways thanks SMS.

Cheers.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me