Singapore Expats Forum

medcal insurance

Discuss the different insurance options from car to health insurance.
chippie
Regular
Regular

medcal insurance

Postby chippie » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:59 am

we are moving over 12 jan for 2 years 2 adults 2 kids any advice on medical insurance.full cover flights home etc

chinjames

Postby chinjames » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 3:17 pm

Hi, I would advice that this be done on a face-to-face meeting. This is better than asking for advices without clearly identifying your needs which are general in nature. If you would allow me to understand more, like which country you come from, is it on a work permit pass, etc; which place are you staying at, etc; it would be more helpful. If you can and would like to please email me at chinjames@yahoo.com. When I reply you can then call me on my mobile.

Cheers,

James
"We are more than Conquerors through Him"

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 3:46 pm

Chippie - My 2 children and I have been on separate cover from my husband's insurance for over 4 years due to the limited coverage his company provides to the family.
I've been using this broker and been really pleased.

Barney Beaumont
barney@kwiksure.com
PACIFIC PRIME INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
Hong Kong
Tel: (+852) 3588 2927

I had been dealing with Good Health directly for my coverage - but when we moved to Singapore from Indonesia I wanted to see what else was out there. I was recommended this firm through a friend and Barney put together a comprehensive list of coverage from different providers. We did everything entirely over the phone/email and couldn't have been easier. He dealt directly with the insurance provider - as well as making sure my yearly coverage didn't lapse and also canceling my old policy.
Hope this helps!

Edited to include:
Just to note - the prices I was quoted from the broker was the same as those from the provider themselves (I checked).

chinjames

Postby chinjames » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 4:40 pm

Hi, great to know you have a good coverage. Yes, it is important to get a great coverage. At the same time also someone to handle any claims and give good advice. Locally it would be prudent to have the person here so that it is dealt in a personal manner. I would also be delighted to assist in a proper review of what is already there and if the policies compliment one another.

Cheers,

James
"We are more than Conquerors through Him"

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 6:05 pm

chinjames wrote:Hi, great to know you have a good coverage. Yes, it is important to get a great coverage. At the same time also someone to handle any claims and give good advice. Locally it would be prudent to have the person here so that it is dealt in a personal manner. I would also be delighted to assist in a proper review of what is already there and if the policies compliment one another.

That is exactly why I recommended the insurance broker I've been dealing with since we've been in Singapore. I think it is beneficial getting a first hand account from a client rather than a broker on this forum. I've had excellent personal service - in particular when I was not pleased with my last insurance provider and my broker stepped in to deal with the company directly. Most of the large insurance providers are not headquartered locally - so it's not imperative to have a local broker. Someone who is knowledgeable about coverage in SEA is most important.