Singapore Expats Forum

Working Mum Looking for Friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Working Mum Looking for Friends

Postby jferrier » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:21 am

Hi All, I made an early new year's resolution to create a group of close friends who will be supportive of each other and who can have fun together. The last one of my really close friends just left for Dubai a few months ago. I realised today how much I miss her and how much I need friends in my life!

I am 44, married with 3 boys aged 16,4 and 1. Although life is full it is important for me to have time off from my boys and spend some fun time with my girl friends. If anyone is interested to meet for coffee sometime, send me a note!

Postby serenac » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 4:16 pm

Hi JFerrier
Happy New Year to you!
I've recently moved here from the UK. Im 36, married, no children. My hubby will be working here for the next 2 years.

Would like to make some new friends. If you would like to meet up for a coffee and chat please let me know.

Serena. :)

Postby woozel » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 1:42 pm

I am another working mum with two kids, boy (4) and daughter (2). I would be interested to meet up for a coffee sometime. Been here a couple of months, but with working and settling the kids in, haven't had time to meet up with any people.

Postby Mari » Thu, 29 Jan 2009 7:49 pm

Hi, I would love to meet new friends, too.

If you're all ladies, there's this ladies night out that's been organized under the forum called "Ladies over 35".
The night out is on Feb 4 at Harry's at Robertson Quay.

I am going there for the first time myself.

If you're interested, please give me your email address then I can forward the invite to you.

Postby esunad » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 9:36 pm

Hi JFerrier,

I´d like to meet.
I work part-time, I have three children - 13, 10, and 3.
I like living in Singapore but the only thing I really miss are my friends.
And I really need friends to stay optimistic.
I am sorry I can´t come to "Ladies over 35 gathering" on Wednesday but I´d like to meet for coffee some other time. Let me know which time is ok with you.