Singapore Expats Forum

Any Hawaii local or American people?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
laocgirl

Any Hawaii local or American people?

Postby laocgirl » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 1:37 am

Aloha! I am late 30's female originally from Japan, Univ. of Hawaii graduate, moved from LA 2 months ago. I haven't met any American people here and miss you guys! Would you like to hang out with me?

drastogi
Regular
Regular

Postby drastogi » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:51 am

Hey.

I moved here from New York a couple of months ago (though originally Indian). Haven't met more than three Americans in that time. Seems like Americans don't come to this part of the world too much, or maybe they're hiding somewhere :)

Lets hang out sometime. Maybe a cuppa or a beer.

I can be reached at drastogi@gmail.com.

Have a good one.

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

aloha

Postby pakjohn » Thu, 20 Nov 2008 3:49 pm

Have to tell you Oahu is my favorite place on earth... until last year I would visit February and November for the last 20 years. Just got married on Maui last year at Mckenna point. Most of friends lived out on the Northwest side so my first stop after the airport was the Kawasaki shop on Nimitz to rent a sportbike and for two weeks I'd ride, fish, eat, swim and surf. I'd trade all the food on orchard for a two scoop plate lunch and a hot cup of kona.. Island life here very, very different than Oahu.

Lots of Americans here in Singabore... haven't met any of them, but see them writing here quite often. lol! Seems most of the posts I see from Americans are young, (under 35 in this case) and single.
Pakjohn

laocgirl

Postby laocgirl » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:21 pm

Hello Mr. NY Yankee,

Thanks for your response. yes, let's hang out some time.

I am still new to SIN and need friends to explore this country with me.

drastogi wrote:Hey.

I moved here from New York a couple of months ago (though originally Indian). Haven't met more than three Americans in that time. Seems like Americans don't come to this part of the world too much, or maybe they're hiding somewhere :)

Lets hang out sometime. Maybe a cuppa or a beer.

I can be reached at drastogi@gmail.com.

Have a good one.

laocgirl

Re: aloha

Postby laocgirl » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:24 pm

Thanks for your response.
Wooo~~, Hawaii is a great place! I still miss that place and always wanna go back.

nells

Postby nells » Fri, 21 Nov 2008 5:06 pm

I'm also Indian-American, originally from New Jersey. I've been living here for a few years now, and have made plenty of American friends in my time here but it took a while! I definitely think it's nice to talk to fellow Americans about home....

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

laocgirl

Postby laocgirl » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:18 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you all too!

Yep, I definitely need American people who talk about home and share common events such as Thanksgiving! Where can I enjoy thanksgiving
meal in Singapore? I really have homesick.........

nells wrote:I'm also Indian-American, originally from New Jersey. I've been living here for a few years now, and have made plenty of American friends in my time here but it took a while! I definitely think it's nice to talk to fellow Americans about home....

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

klu8

Postby klu8 » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:43 pm

Hi, I am a single female American around your age. I moved from the US about a 1.5 years ago. Have only one other American friend here so would love to meet new people to hang out with.

saoringo

Postby saoringo » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 1:11 pm

Laocgirl. aloha.

im also originally from Japan, lived in Oahu during elementary school years, went to LA for college and moved here 2 months ago!

miss my american ppl too. please inform me if you are planning any get togethers ;)

laocgirl

Hi klu8!!

Postby laocgirl » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 1:36 am

Hi, Thanks so much for your response! How do you like your life here ins Singapore? I've been looking for female friends who can hang out with!
It would be so nice if we can!

I can be reached at lacgirl@gmail.com.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

klu8 wrote:Hi, I am a single female American around your age. I moved from the US about a 1.5 years ago. Have only one other American friend here so would love to meet new people to hang out with.
:D :D

laocgirl

Aloha saoringo san!

Postby laocgirl » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 1:47 am

Hi, Nice to hear from you! We have so much in common! Why don't we get together!

I can be reached at golacgirl@gmail.
Hope to hear from you again soon!

Happy Thanksgiving! Missing turkey and feast~~~!!
Fortunately, since my company is US one, the company
provided free Thanksgiving meal....which is chicken Chinese food (lol).
But better than nothing!!

Hope all American PPl are having a great time for Thanksgiving! :) :)

saoringo wrote:Laocgirl. aloha.

im also originally from Japan, lived in Oahu during elementary school years, went to LA for college and moved here 2 months ago!

miss my american ppl too. please inform me if you are planning any get togethers ;)

laocgirl

Postby laocgirl » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:53 am

I will be getting together with a few people tomorrow and this coming Sunday. For those of you who posted quote before, if you have time and are interested....plz. let me know.
Thanks and Aloha!

klu8

Postby klu8 » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 9:26 pm

I can relate on the Thanksgiving Turkey! Got invited to a dinner on Saturday by a Hong Kong friend and her Aussie husband. All the other people were from elsewhere. I was the token American. How sad is that!

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pakjohn » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 9:09 pm

We got sticker shock and decided to pass on a traditional turkey feast. Replaced big bird with a roast chicken from Cold Storage.

Also got to see Georgia Tech beat Georgia, first time in 13 years? lol! Doubt it's a winning streak though as Tech hasn't beat many other teams this year.
Pakjohn

klu8

Postby klu8 » Fri, 05 Dec 2008 3:28 pm

Hi Pakjohn, did you go to Tech? I'm from Hot-lanta!