EMIRATES Recruitment January 2009

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Post Reply
GaganX
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 2:28 am

Post by GaganX » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 1:34 am

Wow, u must have quite alot of experience ehh with the middle estern airlines. But i still dnt get why didnt u try for SQ? If i took a wild guess, wana be some where else from the country u have been living so far? Btw since u have gone for these interviews, could u share some experience with me about how do they go about it? Even tho i know i could search for them.. But its always better geting to know from in detail as ive got 2 prepare as much as i can as well, maybe we could even meet up and go 2gether for the up coming interview. Hope to hear from you soon sushmita! Till then take care!
I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, therefore my heart is pure.

sushsmita
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:18 am

Post by sushsmita » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 11:06 am

well heres what Ive posted in page 1; which is the whole sequence of the interview (another reader posted this in an older Emirates thread :D )
sushsmita wrote:
sushsmita wrote:Quoted from the Previous Post..

The interview is held by an agency:-

(1) Go through the 1st interview where I did not fill up any online form. Once they have selected me, they invited me to attend a briefing next day and inform us to fill up the online form. The 1st round is actually a group discussion round where 10-15 are placed in a group to discuss on a given topic.

Therefore, for that interview, I just bring along my resume, copy of my certificates, 1 full length photo, and 1 passport size photo. (Please do remember to bring your original documents and certs...just in case they need it to verify).

(2) After that, they will have another interview in different weeks where the interviewer is from overseas. During my time, they were from New Zealand and Eygt. The interview is similar with the 1st interview, group disccusion,height measurement, skin fixtures (teeth must be clean and white). But the wear is more formal with suit (for guys). Don't forget to smile as well.

(3) After the 1st interview, they will announce the result and continue for english test. Their english test has 2 portion, one is multiple choices and another one is essay writing. Thus, do allocate your time well to finish the exam. Tips...focus on multiple choices, you have to pass 32/40 and essay writing, simple will do (don't over stress). Normally they will guide you during the breifing about the interview round.

(4) After the English test, there will be 1:1 interview, where you are requested to answer the questions raised by the interviewer. They also will have personality test where to test your emotions thinking whether you are suitable to become crew.

(5) If you are successful, you will be invited to medical check up and photo shooting.

Wish you all the best.

User avatar
bluexob
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 2:23 am
Location: East/Sg

Post by bluexob » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 5:11 pm

sushsmita wrote:well heres what Ive posted in page 1; which is the whole sequence of the interview (another reader posted this in an older Emirates thread :D )
sushsmita wrote:
sushsmita wrote:Quoted from the Previous Post..

The interview is held by an agency:-

(1) Go through the 1st interview where I did not fill up any online form. Once they have selected me, they invited me to attend a briefing next day and inform us to fill up the online form. The 1st round is actually a group discussion round where 10-15 are placed in a group to discuss on a given topic.

Therefore, for that interview, I just bring along my resume, copy of my certificates, 1 full length photo, and 1 passport size photo. (Please do remember to bring your original documents and certs...just in case they need it to verify).

(2) After that, they will have another interview in different weeks where the interviewer is from overseas. During my time, they were from New Zealand and Eygt. The interview is similar with the 1st interview, group disccusion,height measurement, skin fixtures (teeth must be clean and white). But the wear is more formal with suit (for guys). Don't forget to smile as well.

(3) After the 1st interview, they will announce the result and continue for english test. Their english test has 2 portion, one is multiple choices and another one is essay writing. Thus, do allocate your time well to finish the exam. Tips...focus on multiple choices, you have to pass 32/40 and essay writing, simple will do (don't over stress). Normally they will guide you during the breifing about the interview round.

(4) After the English test, there will be 1:1 interview, where you are requested to answer the questions raised by the interviewer. They also will have personality test where to test your emotions thinking whether you are suitable to become crew.

(5) If you are successful, you will be invited to medical check up and photo shooting.

Wish you all the best.

Sounds easy though for the whole procedures, compare to other airlines,but definitely gonna be time consuming..Oh well,i'm gonna give it a shot, and take all the chances..
As they said, easy said than done:)
Oh well good luck :cool:

sushsmita
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:18 am

Post by sushsmita » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 9:22 pm

haha :wink: dont ever underestimate Emirates
the procedures sound easy but they are much more strict than SQ
so all the best in preparing.. :)

User avatar
bluexob
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 2:23 am
Location: East/Sg

Post by bluexob » Mon, 01 Dec 2008 3:04 pm

sushsmita wrote:haha :wink: dont ever underestimate Emirates
the procedures sound easy but they are much more strict than SQ
so all the best in preparing.. :)

Yeah guess so..but at the same time,i cant wait,so anxious,my first time trying for EK..
R u trying again??
Any idea when the next open day??

sushsmita
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:18 am

Re: EMIRATES Recruitment January 2009

Post by sushsmita » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:38 am

sushsmita wrote:EMIRATES Recruitment January 2009
Singapore - Singapore
Reference No: CC/BB/12488

Assessment Day: 17-Jan-2009 09:00 am - 18-Jan-2009

Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency
SASS Atlantic.
The details are as follows;
and YES im gonna try again ;)

cythx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 9:00 pm

Post by cythx » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 1:24 pm

On the same day 17th January also the Assessment day for Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur.
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

User avatar
bluexob
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 2:23 am
Location: East/Sg

Re: EMIRATES Recruitment January 2009

Post by bluexob » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 5:47 pm

sushsmita wrote:
sushsmita wrote:EMIRATES Recruitment January 2009
Singapore - Singapore
Reference No: CC/BB/12488

Assessment Day: 17-Jan-2009 09:00 am - 18-Jan-2009

Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency
SASS Atlantic.
The details are as follows;
and YES im gonna try again ;)

Oh my,i've just check the webbie for this coming Jan till mid Feb that there wont be any open day for the time being...
Except for the assessment day which will be held this Jan ](*,)
Nevertheless i'm gonna keep a lookout for the next opening:)

How many attempt have u tried for EK??
And regarding height issue, my height is only 1.6m, the last time, they measured me, am i eligible to join EK??
Heard that must be at least 1.62m??

pinkpot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:10 pm

Post by pinkpot » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 3:40 pm

hi guys, can we just walk in for this one in jan 2009?

jeff2861
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 4:58 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by jeff2861 » Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:19 am

what is the min requirement to apply for EK crew?? will they take in guys ?

sushsmita
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:18 am

Post by sushsmita » Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:44 am

I guess all the questions are constantly being repeated
please do read the previous posts before askin qns..

as for the qn if there will be guys being recruited check the webbie
coz usually guys go thru a simple conversation and drop in their cvs..

sushsmita
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:18 am

Post by sushsmita » Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:07 pm

Singapore - Singapore

Reference No: CC/IL/12723

Open Day: 10-Jan-2009 0900 am - 0300 pm

Venue: Furama RiverFront Hotel
405 Havelock Road
Singapore 169633

Room : Jupiter 3

Time : Walk in anytime between 0900 am and 0300 pm

sushsmita
Regular
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:18 am

Post by sushsmita » Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:07 pm

Singapore - Singapore

Reference No: CC/IL/12723

Open Day: 10-Jan-2009 0900 am - 0300 pm

Venue: Furama RiverFront Hotel
405 Havelock Road
Singapore 169633

Room : Jupiter 3

Time : Walk in anytime between 0900 am and 0300 pm

pennylim1104
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 7:25 pm
Location: Earth

Emirates website

Post by pennylim1104 » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 7:55 pm

Anyone know what is the website of Emirates? Tq.
Bonne Chance...Garder le sourire ^_^

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:32 am
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Re: Emirates website

Post by singaporegrrl » Sun, 28 Dec 2008 10:42 pm

pennylim1104 wrote:Anyone know what is the website of Emirates? Tq.
Google it.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests