Singapore Expats Forum

Filmmaking Club and/or Independent Filmmaking in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 2:20 pm

andreaaadb wrote:Hi,

You can try looking at www.AADB.com.sg or www.aseanmediadirectory.com.

AADB is more for projects in Singapore while Asean Media Directory is more for around the region.

Advice: please never pay for an audition!!! Casting Directors are out there to look for the best actor for the job....and if you are an actor, they shld love to see you and not have to charge you. If they do...RUN!!!

tic.....toc.....tic.....toc.....tic.....

Do I smell an advertiser? or, I do smell an advertiser!

PYA

Postby PYA » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 3:04 am

Yeah pasir ris! Which part do you reside at? I live very near the MRT station. And do you have an interest in film-making too?

PYA

Postby PYA » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:07 am

OH by the way, what forum is that? I'd love to be part of the FAP haha. I got a little impatient waiting for people to get down and start doing a film together so I've decided to work on a short film alone using stop motion.
I was kinda :???: my previous post, its obvious you've an interest in film-making!
Last edited by PYA on Mon, 23 Mar 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thunderdoor

Postby thunderdoor » Mon, 23 Mar 2009 4:57 pm

Hahaha, it's just a feature in facebook that allows people to create groups with an inbuilt forum within facebook. I have not made it though.

Stop motion? There's this guy on vimeo who's just awesome with it. http://www.vimeo.com/877053

I live quite close to pasir ris cc. Yeah, i've gotten sick of having to wait for vapor as well.

PYA

Postby PYA » Mon, 23 Mar 2009 9:47 pm

Ah i see. Oh the one close to Town Park right? I'm nearer to Elias CC. Wow, that guy's crazy good. I'm a complete noob at that, i'm like using Barbie dolls haha. Hmm, maybe we could work on a short film together!

smashme1984
Regular
Regular

Postby smashme1984 » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:36 pm

Hey there! Been busy recently, and remembered to come back here to check posts out!
I have some experience in various film making, stop motion, real time, even Light draw etc.
Am keen to do short films for funs sake, and btw I stay near Pasir Ris too
Live free and hard!

PYA

Postby PYA » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 2:27 pm

Yay eastsiders :)
Looks like i'm the only one with hardly any experience haha

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vjsimon » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 5:32 pm

I would like to try my hand at acting. Do consider me. Cheers. :)

thunderdoor

Postby thunderdoor » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 6:32 pm

FAP (Filmmaker's Action Party) group has been created on facebook! Those who have accounts, please join! Those without, create one- than join!

Feel free to introduce yourselves and start discussing about stuff!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=59560479110

smashme84, cool! Maybe we all can hang out or something eh, ahhaah

smashme1984
Regular
Regular

Postby smashme1984 » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 5:33 pm

Hey thunder, yeah man, sure, any projects you have in mind? Or exchange ideas / experience. I just joined the Facebook FAP group, seems kinda quiet though.

Newbies without experience are welcome too, there's always the role of the Grip.. (hands) to play.. heh
Live free and hard!

thunderdoor

Postby thunderdoor » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:56 am

smashme1984 wrote:Hey thunder, yeah man, sure, any projects you have in mind? Or exchange ideas / experience. I just joined the Facebook FAP group, seems kinda quiet though.

Newbies without experience are welcome too, there's always the role of the Grip.. (hands) to play.. heh

Yes it is quiet, and while i hope for it to instantly become a massive cult- it prolly won't happen till i (and hopefully eventually other people as well) start adding more content to to the discussion board. Which i (slowly) am doing.

I do have a few ideas in mind, all of which will stray from the traditional method of having an idea- setting up casting call/ auditions, and then eatemupspitemout routine. I'm not sure if most production houses or filmmakers do it like that. But that is what i am not trying to achieve.

I want to create a PBL (Project Based Learning) Experience where the project is a series of shorts of sort where people can come together and take on different roles of filmmaking e.g. directing, acting~~ etc.

At a standpoint where the only things gained are skills, a network of like-minded individuals and a fun time- the end product (i stress) will be of little value.

Rather, the process which when experienced- can better allow the participant to have a better grasp of the reality that is filmmaking. One i personally need to experience as well.

That being said, the project is

1) fully collaborative; open to all
2) cheap and almost zero budget
3) at least committed to show up during sessions
4) must be fun

I do have a theme to get the project going, parks. The location will be our stage world prop, the plot can be from the sun to the stars and the equipment~ we'll just have to figure that out.

It will be cheap, it's at parks so it oughta be fun. Collaboration and commitment- it's all up to us.

Renzze

Postby Renzze » Wed, 15 Apr 2009 1:47 pm

I'll be really keen on joining on a filmmaking project especially if it's in Pasir Ris. Pls email me at renzze@gmail.com

The little clips I do for my blog have always been rather impromtu.

The last mini clip I had was at Changi Beach when I brought my dogs swimming. http://www.renzze.com/index.php/2009/04 ... ed-ashore/

As you can see it's more of a recording of the day out with the dogs rather then having a story line so it would be fun to explore new ideas and work on something bigger as a learning experience.

smashme1984
Regular
Regular

Postby smashme1984 » Tue, 21 Apr 2009 11:24 pm

Oh what a disorganized month I've had! Coming from someone in the industry, I'm shamed, I either forget to come here, or facebook, which reminds me to check the FAP group there, anyways, I can see how far we've moved here, about a turtle inch, its alright, being said, things wont pop up like that..

I'll be sure to check out your video Renzze, and you seem quite enthusiastic about this, good to have the energy.

>Thunder - I've never heard of a zero budget production in my life frankly.. hahaha, even students have a 50-500 dollars budget, I know some freak students who had 1500 dollars, from rich dads... I hate those students.. Anyhoo, speaking of Facebook, Which profile are you under Thunder? Are you the creator? I'm keen to start a project soon, if not, in the far future, do an MTV for my leisure rag tag band! Sounds exciting yet?

Firstly, to kick off, who has a kick ass camera that can double up as a video camera? OR a Mini DV camera at least, I never invested myself in any of those since I have cool stuffs from my company for my personal use sometimes, but for projects like this, I cant risk it, hope you all understand.
The best camera I have is a Sony H10, (Which is incidentally supposed to be sent for repairs - not working, 2 months old!), its actually a still camera, but it can take a 640 x 480 res video which is not bad, I have brought it to Taiwan during my holiday and did a video to test for its quality, not bad at all. (So I have video to show for a standard video camera, Though the trip broke the camera)
Live free and hard!