Singapore Expats Forum

Filmmaking Club and/or Independent Filmmaking in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Indigoazure
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 18 Jan 2008

Postby Indigoazure » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 9:21 am

AngryAngMo wrote:heya, im in as well, i acted quite frequently before coming to singapore and i would love to do it again...im always getting such a strong urge to just go out there and act when sitting in esplanade watching a performance :)

keep me updated: admin@angryangmo.com


Fantastic. There is so much we can do. As long as folks have the energy and want to get creative, I think this will be great!

Almost had a job there recently, have to start over. I hope I can find something soon and get out of here. :) I'm ready to start filming in a different place.

jschua
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 28 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Can I join as crew?

Postby jschua » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 8:04 pm

Hi

I have only one short film since 2004 and had never got any chance any more to participate in any film making since then..

Can I join in the club to assist in production?
Do contact me once this club is form?

Cheer.

Regards
Chua

sgvegetarian@yahoo.com.sg

Indigoazure
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 18 Jan 2008

Re: Can I join as crew?

Postby Indigoazure » Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:27 pm

jschua wrote:Hi

I have only one short film since 2004 and had never got any chance any more to participate in any film making since then..

Can I join in the club to assist in production?
Do contact me once this club is form?

Cheer.

Regards
Chua

sgvegetarian@yahoo.com.sg


Absolutely. We would love to have you. I'm going to set something up for all of us on my website pretty soon and I'll let you guys know. Then I'm going to double my efforts into getting to Singapore.

jschua
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 28 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Look forward

Postby jschua » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 9:13 pm

Look forward the forming of the club...

Indigoazure
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 18 Jan 2008

Postby Indigoazure » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 9:34 pm

Here are website with some of my work:

Ijaba Films: http://www.ijabafilms.com
http://www.youtube.com/IjabaFilms

Still Guerrilla Films: http://www.stillguerrillafilms.com


So we woucl do all types of films from documentaries to fictional features.

Cheers!

jschua
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 28 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby jschua » Wed, 31 Dec 2008 5:29 pm

Browsing through...

smashme1984
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun, 14 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Interesting

Postby smashme1984 » Fri, 02 Jan 2009 3:48 pm

Hi there, I was really glad to have chanced by this thread, I feel at home already, lol. Our film makers are mostly busy filming and have little time to talk in forums.

Anyway I am a multimedia producer, I do videos and other interactives, I shoot quite often but mostly corporate or special effects etc these days, I am a film enthusiast and love features too.

If you need help to finding contacts / crews / casting advise here, do get back to me! Be glad to help, and maybe exchange pointers and stories.

As for the wannabe actors /actresses, I guess I might contact you people when I have a project up.
Live free and hard!

Indigoazure
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 18 Jan 2008

Re: Interesting

Postby Indigoazure » Fri, 02 Jan 2009 6:00 pm

smashme1984 wrote:Hi there, I was really glad to have chanced by this thread, I feel at home already, lol. Our film makers are mostly busy filming and have little time to talk in forums.

Anyway I am a multimedia producer, I do videos and other interactives, I shoot quite often but mostly corporate or special effects etc these days, I am a film enthusiast and love features too.

If you need help to finding contacts / crews / casting advise here, do get back to me! Be glad to help, and maybe exchange pointers and stories.

As for the wannabe actors /actresses, I guess I might contact you people when I have a project up.


Sure thing. Everyone with a positive attitude is welcome. DVXuser.com is quite a busy filmmaking forum if anyone is interested.

smashme1984
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun, 14 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby smashme1984 » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 1:05 pm

Wow, thats a very technical forums, judging from the posts here, nobody would understand, lol, mostly about cameras and equipment and software. Anyway, there's another site that lists all sorts of service/ vendors / contacts that i use time to time, its mandy.com
Live free and hard!

Indigoazure
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 18 Jan 2008

Postby Indigoazure » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 9:21 pm

smashme1984 wrote:Wow, thats a very technical forums, judging from the posts here, nobody would understand, lol, mostly about cameras and equipment and software. Anyway, there's another site that lists all sorts of service/ vendors / contacts that i use time to time, its mandy.com


There is more to that forum than the technical side of filmmaking. I also don't get how you can determine that the other people here wouldn't understand what is there. There is no reason to believe they wouldn't. There is a whole forum on the site for acting and there are a lot of easy to understand information for beginners.

Mandy.com is good for the business side of filmmaking but it is not a community site (I'm hoping to give our filmmaking club a more community feel. We are making art).

thunderdoor
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 02 Mar 2009

Postby thunderdoor » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 2:51 pm

Hello guys, i've been looking into this post for a few months now hoping for someone to create a local film network of people so interact with.

It has been a few months, and i'm beginning to wonder if that's gonna happen. (As is in another local forum that 5 months later, nothing happened as well)So if you'd like, i'd love to create a facebook group (assuming most of the people here have it) to get things started.

It's an easy way to get a forum going without going into making domains and getting all messed up in computer languages.

How bout it?

newbeme
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 19 Mar 2008

Postby newbeme » Tue, 03 Mar 2009 11:51 pm

Hi,
I am interested to know how to make movie. Count me in..

PYA
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 09 Mar 2009
Location: Pasir Ris

Postby PYA » Mon, 09 Mar 2009 5:43 pm

I'm looking for experience in the film-making industry even though i'm only a beginner of the sorts. I am however very keen to learn more and contribute ideas.

Count me in for future projects, and i think the Facebook idea is a good one. There are however quite a few film-making groups on facebook at the moment but they mostly contain calls for casts for their school projects!

:o

andreaaadb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 23 May 2007

Postby andreaaadb » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:25 am

Hi,

You can try looking at www.AADB.com.sg or www.aseanmediadirectory.com.

AADB is more for projects in Singapore while Asean Media Directory is more for around the region.

Advice: please never pay for an audition!!! Casting Directors are out there to look for the best actor for the job....and if you are an actor, they shld love to see you and not have to charge you. If they do...RUN!!!

thunderdoor
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 02 Mar 2009

Postby thunderdoor » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 3:47 am

PYA wrote:I'm looking for experience in the film-making industry even though i'm only a beginner of the sorts. I am however very keen to learn more and contribute ideas.

Count me in for future projects, and i think the Facebook idea is a good one. There are however quite a few film-making groups on facebook at the moment but they mostly contain calls for casts for their school projects!

:o


I am aware of those groups, aside from the long inactivities- the only life they get is from casting calls and talking (very briefly) about how their progress is coming.

I suppose that it's cos' they're all behind some production company, and hence- you either really need to be in the loop already, or have something to offer them. Other wise, it's not very accessible to anybody who's just interested and wants to sit around and talk about about stuff. Maybe get more serious in the end too. Would love it if something like that already exists, sinema.sg has a forum- but it's dead even without graves.

Aside from that, most structures- substation, sinema etc frequently offer talks hosted by directors of local productions as well. But again, there isn't any only access to such material. Only some articles by sinema.

I am very excited, im in another forum that has a few people interested in film making as well. Was thinking of a name a few days back and a funny one just came to mind, 'Filmmaker's Action Party', FAP! (No relation to PAP)

BTW, PYA you live in pasir ris? Me too!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest