Singapore Expats Forum

Siberian Husky

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Siberian Husky

Postby chixchix » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:01 am

Hii i just got a husky abt 4 mths old. and the ex owner never let it out of the hose. well now that I am staying in a private apt. i have to put him on collar and leash.... problem is when he is on leash,he refuses to walk.. he ha been with me for a few days now and keeps pooing and peeing on the mats..

How do i get him to do it on the papers ? Also ,how do I get him to get used to his leash so that I can bring him for walks...

Does anyone have any idea when a Husky does its shedding ?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:10 pm

:cry:

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 6:29 pm

:(

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 7:39 pm

:cry:

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 9:19 pm

:(

Well you could try inviting Victoria Stillwell she features in program 'It's Me or The Dog' featured on UK's channel 4, see;

http://www.victoriastilwell.com/ and http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/I/itsmeorthedog/

..amusing but seems effective though.....pity about the distance between here and Singapore. :(

sandrassm

Postby sandrassm » Sat, 15 Nov 2008 9:37 pm

I guess you need to bring him for training, i wont advertize, you can find honest trainers, but whatever you do dont leave him alone with any trainer they could use bad training methods like hitting the dog and the best way to train a dog is by positive reinforcing, like treats or food he likes, at least until he learns to listen to you. i did it for about one time a week for 2 months in greece and he learned quite a lot, but still not in perfect condition..but you need to train the dog yourself for every day of the week first at home then outside. the trainer will only give you directions on what to do with the dog.