Singapore Expats Forum

Maid Help, Please

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Strong Eagle

Maid Help, Please

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 09 Nov 2008 4:10 pm

OK, another sad maid story. Maybe you can help her out.

A friend of mine has a maid who has a niece who came over from the Philippines as a new maid for a family here. First of all, she was only getting $50 per month as the family was deducting the transfer fee from her wages.

One week into her service, they stopped feeding her, telling her she should buy her own food out of her own wages. A few days after that the madam of the family became verbally and physically abusive to the maid. She called her aunt, the one that works for my friend.

My friend's husband went over to discuss the matter with the woman and when he arrived, she threatened to charge him with trespass, and then called the police. When the police arrived, she was charged with verbal abuse of her maid but the maid agency talked the maid out of they physical abuse charge.

Because she is new, the family decided to send her back to the Philippines. My friend paid another transfer fee, and applied for a second maid to keep the woman in the country. She doesn't need two maids but the new maid has been learning a lot.

So, if you know of anyone who needs a made, would you please respond here or PM me, or email me. You would be doing my friend and the maid a great service if you will consider this maid.

Many thanks.

gvyong

Postby gvyong » Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:46 am

Hi Strong Eagle

I'm new here and I can't PM you..

What this maid's previous employer did is just plain illegal.

We need a helper but the assignment will be tough. It will involve taking care of two infants (twins) and one toddler, on top of general housework and cooking. But, she will be working as a team in our family.

If you think she has the attitude (is everything) for this, pls send me her bio-data for our consideration.

Tks much!

esummers46

maid

Postby esummers46 » Thu, 04 Dec 2008 4:29 pm

Hi there,

I saw your post about the maid situation. I am new here from the US and I am looking for a maid. I have two young children and two dogs. If she is still available, email me at esummers46@yahoo.com.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sat, 06 Dec 2008 7:25 am

This maid is still available. The family that was going to hire her has a special needs child and determined they needed a person with more nursing experience.

So, if you have need of a maid, or know someone who does, please do get in touch.

Cheers.

Seletar-67

Postby Seletar-67 » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 5:19 pm

Hi Strong Eagle...

I am a newbie to the forum so therefore cannot PM you. Has the maid been placed with a new family? We are looking at hiring a maid, we have 2 teenagers and one dog. You can call me on my handphone re details if possible - 8393 0452

Thanx :)

taydawn

Postby taydawn » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 2:19 pm

Hi Strong Eagle, may I find out more abt the maid from you? Do contact me at 91916194. I am Dawn

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 7:05 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for your interest... both numbers have been passed on to the person who has the second maid.

Cheers.

Seletar-67

Postby Seletar-67 » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 8:13 pm

Hi Strong Eagle,

Thanks... Very much appreciated :D