Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone up for a "Forest Adventure"?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
dGolfer
Regular
Regular

Re: Anyone up for a "Forest Adventure"?

Postby dGolfer » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 5:52 pm

pnxjamie wrote:Anyone interested to try it out with me?? :)

The Grand Course has 32 different stages including 4 zip lines (flying foxes) across the water – the longest zip will be 176m!

Divided into 4 sections, participants descend from the trees to the forest floor on a zip line at the end of each section.

The course is be situated along the banks of the reservoir and have unparalleled views of the water front and surrounding park.

Expected time for completion – 1½ to 2 hours.

Adult - $28.00
http://www.forestadventure.com.sg

hey I am interested..can you PM me where do you stay ?

Chandler32

Postby Chandler32 » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 9:18 pm

well, 3 of us attempted it last sunday. i say attempted as during the training the heavens opened and you can't go out if there's lightening...

best go earlier so you have time to wait for any storms to pass, plus you don't have to go for dinner with wet socks.

the course looks good though, plus there's a watersports place there too.

dGolfer
Regular
Regular

Postby dGolfer » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 9:30 pm

Chandler32 wrote:well, 3 of us attempted it last sunday. i say attempted as during the training the heavens opened and you can't go out if there's lightening...

best go earlier so you have time to wait for any storms to pass, plus you don't have to go for dinner with wet socks.

the course looks good though, plus there's a watersports place there too.

great..Though I am interested in learning dont have trekking experience with simple body type...I am male indian 28..how about you..can you PM me about you and your group ?

Chandler32

Postby Chandler32 » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 9:42 pm

i can't PM as i'm a new member, and i don't think i have a group...

the forest adventure isn't a trek. if you look at the website you'll see. its a larger adventure playground with ladders and rope slides. children go on it, although the smaller ones do a watered down version.

If you can climb 10 flights of stairs in 2 hours without passing out, you'll be fine! although, even if you're not its in sections so if you've had enough you just walk back to the start (10 minute walk)

dGolfer
Regular
Regular

Postby dGolfer » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 9:53 pm

thanks though..I wrote about PM just to know if you people are slo somewhere around of my age..

I think I should join you..will kep you posted..though it looks little tough , you can not get enough fun without pain..do you play golf/tennins too( if yes your rating plz) ?

Chandler32

Postby Chandler32 » Sat, 29 Nov 2008 6:29 pm

what was the verdict on this in the end - is there a group going tomorrow?

pnxjamie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pnxjamie » Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:44 pm

I guess not...