Singapore Expats Forum

Language exchange (french-english)

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Emilie

Re: Interested in French/English Exchange

Postby Emilie » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 2:34 pm

priyanka.kathuria wrote:Hi Emille,

My name is Priyanka and I am interested in improving my French in exchange of my English language skills. I have been an english language teacher in the past. I have also recently moved to Singapore with my husband.

Please respond back if you are interested, or call at my cell 81899450.

Best rgds

Priyanka

Hi Priyanka,

So sorry for the response time... I didn't see that I have new messages in this forum!

I'm interested in improving my english with you and help you with your french.
I just have a home phone. So, maybe, you can join me (65227382) or send me an email : emilie_poncelet@yahoo.fr

Hope to see you soon,
Emilie

atkwilliams1977

Postby atkwilliams1977 » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 6:30 pm

I missed all these posts as well. A french/english/mandarin 'melange' sounds ideal. Does anyone have a venue in mind (personally somewhere CBD/Central suits).
Alex.

amelc

Postby amelc » Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:33 pm

Hi,

I am also French female, 32y and i would like improve my english and I can share me french.
Send me mail or pm.
pitchoune_angel@hotmail.fr

utami

French Conversation Group

Postby utami » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 2:24 pm

Hello all,

I am searching for a small group of people who would like to spend an hour or 2 a week in March to have conversations in French. The conversations would be facilitated by a native French speaker, Genevieve. While she is not a French language teacher, Genevieve is a retired lawyer and law professor, and a true Parisian! The topics of discussion can be agreed on once we have a committed group of participants. The conversations will be held in Bedok in the late afternoons over tea. There will be a small fee charged depending on the number of people interested.

If you are interested, or have more questions, please feel free to pm me. Thank you.

On behalf of my mother-in-law,
Utami

bright_wave
Regular
Regular

Postby bright_wave » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 9:31 pm

atkwilliams1977 wrote:I missed all these posts as well. A french/english/mandarin 'melange' sounds ideal. Does anyone have a venue in mind (personally somewhere CBD/Central suits).
Alex.

Salut a tous!!

Is someone organising the meet up? May I suggest raffles place or somewhere around?

on peut aller boire un verre apres le diner?

Anyone interested?

DrE4MeR

Postby DrE4MeR » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:25 pm

Hello :)

Keep me in the loop if something comes up! Would love to practice my english.

Cheers
David

AGIS

latest on French-English gatherings?

Postby AGIS » Mon, 26 Jan 2009 9:55 pm

I'm interested to be kept in the loop on the English-French exchange (agis464@gmail.com). I'm American, but lived more than ten years in France before coming to Singapore. Pour les Francais, je peux vous aider ameliorer votre anglais. For you Francophones who want to improve your French, would be happy to speak French with you too. I'm not a french teacher, so any of my lessons are free of charge (something everyone in Singapore loves!). Just looking to meeting new people. I tend to be free Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.

Carrie Guo

bonne idee

Postby Carrie Guo » Tue, 27 Jan 2009 3:48 pm

Bonjours!
Je suis chinoise professeur de Chine. Je suis en train d'etudier francais en Aliance Francaise. Je voudrais rejoindre votre groupe. Mardi soir est bien pour moi. Je prefere a centre ville.

mon email info@enjoychinesestudy.com

a bientot

Carrie

AGIS

Tuesday the 3rd French/English exchange?

Postby AGIS » Tue, 27 Jan 2009 9:18 pm

I could do Tuesday the 3rd from 7 to 9 PM somewhere in the CBD. Others interested? Don't want to compete with posting from Utami on the 19th of course, just do not know where that stands. If we could get at least 2-3 people (I'm one and maybe Carrie Gou from earlier posting is two) and settle on a place that would be great. As I said earlier, I'm no French/English teacher but would be happy to speak English with French speakers and French with English speakers. I'll leave it to someone else to volunteer a specific location. And I can be reached directly at agis464@gmail.com

Patrick

postmodernista

Postby postmodernista » Wed, 28 Jan 2009 3:57 pm

Hey there!

I did french in high school, like five years ago, and now i'm completely rusty.

I'd love to start again! A central location would be great.

Thanks!
I heart bunnies!

AGIS

French-English Exchange: Tues 3 Feb 7-9PM

Postby AGIS » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 9:14 pm

OK, going to take a chance and try to schedule something specific for a French-English language exchange and conversation group. Propose next Tuesday the 3rd of February from 7 PM to 9 PM. Meeting place in the Starbucks at the top of the escalator leading from the City Hall MRT station into Raffles City. If you are interested and this day/time/place works for you, post here and/or send me a direct e-mail to agis464@gmail.com. If you are interested but the day/time/place does not work for you, still reply/post a message with an alternative and we'll see what the majority suggests.

A bientot!

Patrick

AGIS

Tuesday French-English Language Exchange

Postby AGIS » Mon, 02 Feb 2009 9:25 pm

Well, no one confirmed their attendance for my proposed Tuesday, 3 Feb language exchange. So, I guess it is not happening and better to cancel it. If there is still any interest, send me an e-mail. Might try again in 2-3 weeks to see if there is better luck.

Patrick

postmodernista

Postby postmodernista » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 4:39 pm

Hi there,

Tuesdays are no good for me! But the location is great!
I heart bunnies!

AGIS

what days?

Postby AGIS » Thu, 05 Feb 2009 1:43 pm

And what days are good?

postmodernista wrote:Hi there,

Tuesdays are no good for me! But the location is great!

postmodernista

Postby postmodernista » Fri, 06 Feb 2009 11:59 am

Can I get back to you on my free days? My schedule is a bit screwed up right now =(. It'll be a bit more stable by next week.

Also, a friend of mine is keen to join in but she has no background in French.

Is that okay?
I heart bunnies!