Singapore Expats

why is it hard for the female species to let go of the ex?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
astro_girl86

why is it hard for the female species to let go of the ex?

Post by astro_girl86 » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 12:14 am

i dont understand why after what the guy i've been seeing on/off for 4 yrs did, i just cant let him go. i cant understand why its really hard to let go and move on...i gave in to him to prove that am serious abt being w him, but he merely said he never wanted us to be together, and we had "it" because i agreed to it. why cant he see that, that was my last resort to prove to him i really love him??

johnnywill

Post by johnnywill » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 5:52 pm

because this guy was so amazing/special that you think anyones you have seen later could not compare with him and you are subconsciously looking to make up with him?
Welcome to HelloChina.Com make Chinese friends and learn Mandarin.

astro_girl86

Post by astro_girl86 » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 9:49 pm

to mr.johnnywill..

he is special. sorry, i mean he was hence my stupid mistakes for giving in to him :(

DaisyRae
Regular
Regular

Post by DaisyRae » Mon, 02 Feb 2009 7:45 pm

I read in a magazine a long, long time ago that women tend to hold on to the past relationship, while men simply look for the next relationship. It's just the way things are.

Just my two cents. If you love someone, then you can't expect him / her to love you as much. Coz the more it'll hurt you when they don't return the intensity of your feelings. Just love but at the same time, be ready to let go should the time comes for it.
Hindsight is always 20/20.

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Mon, 02 Feb 2009 8:17 pm

I read in a magazine a long, long time ago that women tend to hold on to the past relationship, while men simply look for the next relationship. It's just the way things are.
I've heard that too, but I've seen a lot of men reduced to a crawl over a failed relationship. Maybe it's more to do with someones personality than their gender.

In the end, there is a process of mourning you go through when ending a relationship. You have to manage it, hard as that is to do.
Pakjohn

DaisyRae
Regular
Regular

Post by DaisyRae » Mon, 02 Feb 2009 9:38 pm

Pakjohn,

Yeah, men also mourn over a broken relationship, BUT they just simply recover wayyyy faster than women do. It's like love for them is just a slice of pizza, while it's the whole pizza for women.
Hindsight is always 20/20.

shawn1980

Post by shawn1980 » Wed, 04 Feb 2009 10:30 am

I agree it's dependent more on personality rather than gender~
~Life is Great!~