Singapore Expats Forum

Airport Christmas in October

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:34 am

hibri2 wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:many interesting things

I don't remember what you just quoted me saying... either the quote software on this forum has broken down, you're putting words in my mouth, or I'm losing my memory. Doesn't really matter... I just wish people would stop attributing to me what I didn't say. I thought that only happened to famous people. :cool:

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hibri2 » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:51 am

Wind In My Hair wrote:
hibri2 wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:many interesting things

I don't remember what you just quoted me saying... either the quote software on this forum has broken down, you're putting words in my mouth, or I'm losing my memory. Doesn't really matter... I just wish people would stop attributing to me what I didn't say. I thought that only happened to famous people. :cool:

humm...

calm down and dont get angry on this beautiful day, i put that myself, its obvious to anyone, i think...

considering that the threads are sequential, whoever reads that will have to read yours first, no?

and because i am agreeing with you, its a way to close the debate, i said something, you said something, i agreed and dont have anything else to say...

i do quote fully when im not agreeing or when im doing a counterargument.

of course, if that is going to sour your day, i will be more than happy to quote you in full.

UPDATE: done, quoted in full... can i get my treat?! woof!
Last edited by hibri2 on Wed, 05 Nov 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church." - Unknown.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 4:16 pm

hibri2 wrote: calm down and dont get angry on this beautiful day, i put that myself, its obvious to anyone, i think...

considering that the threads are sequential, whoever reads that will have to read yours first, no?

and because i am agreeing with you, its a way to close the debate, i said something, you said something, i agreed and dont have anything else to say...

i do quote fully when im not agreeing or when im counter argumentating.

of course, if that is going to sour your day, i will be more than happy to quote you in full.

UPDATE: done, quoted in full... can i get my treat?! woof!

hibri2, I am not angry or sour, especially since your response is so friendly and kindly. Just resignedly trying to explain elementary things:

1. It was not obvious to me that you were injecting your own summary using my voice.
2. Many people do not read the whole thread and won't have the whole history.
3. Quoting in full or in part is fine, as long as you are quoting what the person did actually say. If you use your own words then you do not put those words in quotation marks.

Anyway, it's not a biggie. Far more benign than the last time I was misquoted on another thread, which had me saying something like Vaucluse is an idiot. I just thought I'd better put a stop to this trend of misquoting before someone gets me into real trouble!
:)

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 4:18 pm

hibri2 wrote:... or when im counter argumentating.

Que?? :???:

And cos I'm curious what IS that avatar of yours? Ooh... it looks like it needs a good wash....is it something from that TV program LOST ? Mm what was that sign? The Dharma Institute?
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hibri2 » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 4:32 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:hibri2, I am not angry or sour, especially since your response is so friendly and kindly. Just resignedly trying to explain elementary things:

yah, my bad choice of words, written medium is sometimes a harsh mistress as we read using our head voices and as such, a bad coffee in the morning and im reading all screams and frown faces :???:

hint: i ran out of delicious south american coffee and had to get me a instant thingy :-)

Wind In My Hair wrote:I just thought I'd better put a stop to this trend of misquoting before someone gets me into real trouble!
:)

yep, also correct here, i will try to take note about that, stuff could explode quite easily around forums.

well, glad we understood each other.
Last edited by hibri2 on Wed, 05 Nov 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 4:34 pm

ozchick wrote:

What you and the rooster do before one of you ends up on the sofa. :P

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hibri2 » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 4:40 pm

ozchick wrote:

oops! butchering the the queens english yet again!

it should have been: "when im doing a counterargument"

ozchick wrote:And cos I'm curious what IS that avatar of yours? Ooh... it looks like it needs a good wash....is it something from that TV program LOST ? Mm what was that sign? The Dharma Institute?

that is a reduced picture of a rain drain at the top of one building under construction near where i used to live.

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Airport Christmas in October

Postby hibri2 » Wed, 12 Nov 2008 4:48 pm

ozchick wrote:Well-meaning officials at Changi Airport are surely jumping the gun when we saw their Christmas decos large as life last Thursday. Both inside and out, all that glittered was Christmas!
Ah..... God bless these merry gentlemen! :wink:

and yet there is still hope!

http://blog.thehumanist.com/?p=613

:-P