Singapore Expats Forum

Outdoor places for wedding shoots.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

SittingBull

Outdoor places for wedding shoots.

Postby SittingBull » Sat, 01 Nov 2008 12:59 pm

Just wondering if anybody has suggestions of places which would make great pictures for outdoor wedding shoots. I mean, i've been to numerous wedding and the album pictures are always taken in Botanical Gardens, Parks, Beaches and the likes. It's so boring and routine. Nearby Bali and Bintan shoots are typical beaches as well.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 6:52 am

Ft. Canning Park
Upper Thompson Reservoir

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 10:37 am

While doing a car drifting course? here is my own view. All these cheesy wedding shots are really cringe worthy, for a start they are all fake, you see it all the time here some couple in the whole wedding regalia taking photos with them sitting on a lovely tree with flowing grass fields in the distance, the reality of it they are sitting in a busy round about on a concrete fake tree drench in sweat.

I prefer more natural shots, photos of things you actually did together, sailing, climbing etc. Its one of the biggest days of the couples life and all the photos are just an illusion, may as well photoshop a back ground of white horses and fluffy clouds.

Why not go the whole hog, hire the dress, hire the set and may as well hire the ideal bride/groom to really complete the shot.

or accept that these are fake shots and do funs ones, dress up as old time cowboys and get a grainy sepia shot. etc full climbing gear and a shot on a fake mount Everest etc.

Or how about where you met? If it was some grimy corner coffee shop, now that would be the only time it would be great to dress up in the full tira, and penguin suit for a photoshoot with the flip flop vest clad uncles in the back ground.
Last edited by QRM on Sun, 02 Nov 2008 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 6:55 pm

i prefer wedding photos as they are, no need for fake photoshop or fancy location. weding photos should be "as is". i dont mind having my wedding photos taken in the middle of orchard road, in the middle as in between ck tang and wisma atria. boring and routine enuf?

starsheresy

Postby starsheresy » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 9:53 pm

I feel photos from previous holidays together or activities you've shared are more meaningful.

If there must be a photoshoot, it might be nice to take them to commemorate the day - so at the venue of the wedding be it a church or family home, or by the vintage jaguar in tan.

Alternatively, a place significant to the couple - e.g. a playground, an old school?, on the golf course??, on a yacht, in the library??, bukit timah at dawn, the airport?, on the top of a building (thescreeningroom at ann siang hill has a nice rooftop bar), in a ballroom (vietnam and even malacca and penang have some historical buildings with wonderful mosiac floors and clay tiles.), how about at the museum or art gallery?

hm..

SGgal

Postby SGgal » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:26 pm

Changi Airport, Singapore Flyer, MRT, Labrador Park

waz
Regular
Regular

Postby waz » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 4:10 pm

Spend the money for a better & longer honeymoon.
I work to live and not live to work.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 5:07 pm

waz wrote:Spend the money for a better & longer honeymoon.

Best idea so far, much better than cheesy fake wedding photos,

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 5:21 pm

I had some of our wedding photos done with doth us wearing Southampton football shirts! :cool:

SittingBull

Postby SittingBull » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:35 pm

Saint wrote:I had some of our wedding photos done with doth us wearing Southampton football shirts! :cool:

I would rather Pompey colors.. :P

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 1:59 pm

Saint wrote:I had some of our wedding photos done with doth us wearing Southampton football shirts! :cool:
God that must have been painful, having to remember the saints suffering! Only kidding lah! :lol: Quite like the team myself and for a northerner, that's got to be a plus! I love the place!